Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Has this ever happened to you (ripping video from a DVD)?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

I was wondering if this ever happened to you and what did you do.

I bought a DVD with music videos (not like Promo Only, etc) but like the Beastie Boys DVD that has videos on it.

I ripped down a few of the videos and they went to my desktop as .vobs and played fine.

When I went to play them in VDJ, the video showed, but no music and actually had static.

I tried to import it into Vegas Video to see the audio/video and it would not let me drop it in.

Was wondering if this ever happened to anyone.

I usedf both smartripper and VDJ's ripper. Same exact result.

thanks,

B

Posted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 5:28 am
So, it plays in WMP, but not VDJ? This is strange, but could it be a codec issue. Have you tried a PromoOnly disc, and does it do the same thing?

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 9:04 am
I have a Billy Joel Disc I have been trying to rip for two years that gives me the same problem. I think it is because the audio is recorded in 6 channel and it does not convert properly. If you can figure it out I would love to know how.

Rusty

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 10:01 am
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Rusty- Yeah it has something to do with the channels on the audio.

I think this thread can be very valuable since more guys are buying DVDs cheap (amazon.com) with videos and wanting to use them in VDJ.

A friend and I have had no other store bought DVDs that could not be gotten around other than this Bobby Brown 5 video DVD.

Here's the summary...

* rips down to desktop fine with both smarripper and VDJ's ripper.
* After ripped, plays fine in the WIndows Media player or other player that came with system
* Plays in VDJ: video is fine, AUDIO is LOUD STATIC.
* rips as a .vob ( I have not tried ripping it as a different format).
* WHen tried to load into Vegas video, would not allow to drop in at all.

* BUT: when I converted the .vob to mpeg2 and tried to put into vegas video, it saw the video fine and the audio was still all static.

So what do we think the audio was recorded as, and I'll just try to convert the file or the audio?

B

We need some video gurus to help with this\.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 5:56 pm
Convert the audio files using mpeg video wizard by womble, it allows to make a conversion from ac3 audio to lpcm without losing quality on video :)

www.womble.com

Posted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 6:20 pm

Be carefull with what AUDIO format you rip to.

Use STEREO, and prefferably Windows PCM Wave....

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 2:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)