Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I entered into the realm of TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dconroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
After being quite entertained for a while by the TCV demonstrations, I made a small leap to try TCV with the purchase of a really cheap turntable setup

OK, it's dirt cheap - Guitar Center has the new American Audio Vinyl 101 kit for $299, which includes 2 direct-drive turntables (with cartridges and needles), mixer and headphones, and cables. It was cheap enough that I don't mind the small investment to try it out. I'm certainly not headed into gigs using TCV, since I'm a mobile party/wedding DJ.

I've now got to order TCVs - is the $20 each TCV sold through VirtualDJ the only ones that work with v4.2r1?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 10:09 pm

Yes, as of right now, VDJ only works with VDJ timecode vinyls ;)

(Well SSL vinyls too, but not good.... yet... ;)

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 11:06 pm
dconroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK, just placed my order. Hopefully I get them in time to try out the new turntables before the GC 14 day return policy expires in case I want different turntables.

Thanks!

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 2:13 am

Try with regular vinyls... See if you like them turntables.

Timecode vinyls will perform the same as your regular vinyls...

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 2:40 am
I am thinkin about doin the same thing. I have never touched a table except back in the 80s as a kid, but I really want to add this to my show sometime, I may have to go to GC and get the tables you are referrin to. Hell a free pair of headphones I am game. LEt me know how you like it.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 11:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)