Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Special Sorting of .M3U files.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Notice that when you browse to the Playlist folder from the LEFT-MOST PANEL of the File Explorer window, .M3U playlist files open in a list, similar to the way subfolders open under other folders. However, the list of .M3U files are not shown in alphabetical order compared to how subfolders are shown in alphabetical order.

Anyone know the reason for this and how the .M3U files can be made to sort alphabetically ?

Posted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 11:01 pm
any ideas ppl before this one rolls off the front page ?

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
just need to drag and drop the songs into the order you wish

or click on the name field to sort them

then press save :)

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 5:33 pm
Sorry skyyfxl, I think you mis-understand the issue. Look at the way the playlists themselves appear in the LEFT-MOST section of the browser panel (Where you navigate via the file system tree). The issue is not about the way track appear within a playlist.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 7:17 pm
when you click on playlists does it apear still in the side list or in the record case?

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 7:51 pm
@skyfxl, By record case, I assume you mean the center section of the browser panel. Yes, the playlists do appear there and you can sort their names via the column header. However, what I am asking about is the order in which the lists appear in the BROWSER TREE on the left side of the browser panel. Trying to understand what determines their sort order there.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 8:14 pm
i think its the order in which they are saved ?

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 8:18 pm
I've checked that by re-saving all in Alpha order ...no good. I've also looked at the other Windows columns such as Creation Date in an effort to see a pattern. Still a mystery to me.

You might wonder why the need. The answer is that f you do all your sets from Playlists (used as record crates) then it is a little painful to find your record crates quickly when you need to.

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 6:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)