Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ vs. branded versions (Numark Cue) - What to buy?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm in the process of buying a couple of different replacement VJ programs to replace my current one (no longer actively supported...)

I tried Virtual DJ, and like it a lot -- especially since it looks like I might even be able to customize the skin to include the features I really want. But in looking around, I found the Numark Cue program which I also liked a lot. But it looked eerily familiar...

So now I know that the Numark Cue runs on the Virtual DJ core, but here's my question:

Are they really the same program? Are features available in one program that aren't in the other?

If I buy one, can I use skins from the other? ... and plugins?

Do improvements in one program get propagated to the other?

Thanks!

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 4:00 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
All plugins will work with either program

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 9:15 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Hi CJ,
I remember you from the Tricersoft days.
I left to gain controller support for starters, I use a DAC 3 now and love it.
The only thing I miss is the number of transitions TS offered, but we are gaining ground on that.
This is the cat's meow if you want to mix video, and if you don't mix, it will teach you in no time at all.

Rick

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 12:01 pm
Hi Rick,

Good to see you're still going strong!

Yep... TriceraSoft Swift Elite is one of the programs I own already. The reason I don't like it is because of the control surface (too crowded) and the fact that it's dual-playlist. Since I only use a single playlist, the second playlist is wasted screen space. I use a touchscreen, so it would be much better to be able to use a layout designed with bigger buttons and fonts. I know you can set it up for single playlist play, but that doesn't always work very well once you get to the end of the playlist.

I also own MixMeister Pro 6, MobileDJPro and DJPower Extreme.
All of these programs have their strengths and weaknesses. They're also very slow in the development area.

VirtualDJ seems to have come a long way and now has my attention. It doesn't appear to have all of the features I want, but it has two strengths that may help it overcome the competition:
1. I can design my own interface to solve some of the problems.
2. The development team seems to be working quickly to add & modify features, so I suspect that if I can propose new features or adjustments to the current features that make sense to the development team, then perhaps they'll implement them.

So anyway... in trying out the VirtualDJ Demo, it looks to be the same as Numark Cue. Is that the case? Is everything actually the same, or are there any program differences?

Thanks.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 3:29 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
numark cue = vdj ...is the same software with another skin

Posted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 3:39 am
I see -- so it doesn't matter who I buy it from?

Cool.

I couldn't find a way to set it up so that I receive an email when someone replies to my post. Is that available in this forum?

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 5:24 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
look under post , click the sybol there to be notified

Posted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 11:48 am
Hi skyfxl,

I've looked everywhere... but I can't find any options/links/symbols.

Is there a limitation in the forum for members who haven't purchased a license yet?

If so, then that's probably why so many new members never come back and post again after their first question is answered by someone.

Is there a way to fix the forum so that all members can control their notification preferences?

Thanks,

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 11:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)