Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Funny looks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I find that whenever I get a new gig and turn up with my laptop and bcd2k in a ricksack people give me odd looks. It's never led to me not getting a gig but I know some people still feel that VDJ is somehow cheating.
Do any of you come up against that sort of attitude? Has it ever stopped you getting a gig and how do you deal with it?

Peace

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 8:28 pm
Hi there,
mate in Austrlia NO ONE (>dj's< that I know) will even come and have a look at my setup, they keep saying it must be a game ......... I give them a good DEMO CD (mixed with VDJ) and I get asked "how do we know you havent preprogrammed it" ... der... One day VERY SOON they will all get a BIG shock !!!!!!

Really, I think Vinyl pushers are scared they might LIKE IT TO MUCH !!!! (nothing against vinyl) : -)

KEEP AT IT ! THE SAME THING HAPPENED WHEN CD DECK'S COME OUT !!!!! NOW L O O K ..............

CDJ'S EVERYWHERE

ChrisB

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 12:32 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
some folks here (uk)aslo have a massive stigma
many are geting over it

about it but when i have finaly got them to say why it boiled down to the fact they hate that we can make more money than them by offering a more dynamic service ie video , audio ,

and they dont like younger people either they like to look down on us

they feel threatened and its there way or making them selves feel better

tis like the old school bully senario

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 12:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)