Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vga or s-video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Which is better to run out of laptop to projecter? Cleaner Picture?

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 3:52 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
it depends on graphics quility of the graphics card more importantly.

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 5:26 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you can run a VGA signal to the projector at its native resolution (usually 1024x768), it doesn't get much better than that, really. The only thing that would be a step up is a DVI connection.

S-Video is going to look pretty blurry in comparison.

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 5:39 pm
I have a 128mb ati mobility radeon x300 dedicated video card. Can you explain DVI Connection?

Thanks

Posted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 6:00 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It's a larger white connector that you see on modern video cards. Most laptops won't have one, except for the really big, high end gaming laptops.

DVI is a completely digital video interface so that you actually get a perfect image on your screen. Lots of flat panels (especially more expensive ones) have this interface, and with DVI you never have to adjust your image, it's always perfect, and you are usually free from any kind of image degredation that can happen with analogue VGA signals.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 7:53 pm
svideo will give you a little cleaner picture as it seperates the RGB signals. Composite should be fine over short distances... the longer you get with composite, the more degradation you will get. SVGA, or Digital are the cat's ass picture wise, but most projectors won't support digital, and a long svga cable can cost over $100.00 for a quality one....

My opinion is that in a club, no one will notice the difference between delivery methods... I doubt you even would notice!

It's far more noticeable on a tube (CRT) tv than on a projector..

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:49 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
also with dvi you are limited on the length of cable a digital signal will only go about 10 feet then you have problems. VGA is by far the best choice it can go up to 100 feet without a signal amp if you use high quality cable. I never did like svideo I don't consider it a pro connector as it doesn't have a locking system like vga to prevent unplugging.. High quality vga can be found cheap if you know where to look.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 6:18 am
Were Would it be posible to buy a 100feet vga cable?

because here in spain canĀ“t find it. Do you get it custom made?

Thanks

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 2:35 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
www.providencecable.com
Excellent quality, just bought vga and svideo from them.

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 2:41 pm

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 11:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)