Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Full Audio skin Ver 4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Peeps

I've just reinstalled my VDJ up to version 4.1. I'm using the full audio default skin which is fine, but can anyone tell me how to put the CPU monitor graphic (as is in the Full Video skin) onto this skin?

I had a look at the .xml last night and tried to alter it, but couldn't get anywhere with it.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 2:14 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Hi Pionara

Open the skin.bmp file with PAINT, the windows tool.
When Paint appears, make sure you can see the status line or click on the view menu then check for the status bar. Let's move your mouse around in the pic, and see in the status bar (right) the coordinates of the point you focus. You can focus very precisely when zooming a part of the pic. Try to draw a selection box : the status line tells you the width and the height of the box.
Okay now you can find the line 768 (depending on the skin resolution) in the pic : below this limit, the skin user won't see anything ; look around you can see there are all the highlighted and animated stuffs, lightening visual parts, moving sliders and so on.

Open the script

What is it?
The xml script will tell to VDJ all the skin's picture informations, such as the position of the different buttons, where the highighted buttons are, where the browser will be, and so on. WOW there are MANY numbers here! These are the coordinates you saw in paint. You will use paint to get the pos and width of the buttons, then report them in the xml file, and again, and again in order to get the skin working.

All the objects in the skin have name, coordinates, and even some special fields that you have to know. This is very important, the most you'll learn about the skin engine, the better the skin is. To help you to learn the different elements, Atomix Production wrote a skin development knowledge base :

The reference sheet. http://www.virtualdj.com/support/developers/skin.html
Learn all the page and you'll become a skillful skinner! It can sound like a joke but it's true, it will be your only help!

Steps

Take one button (let's say play). Go to paint and try to move the play button in another location. Save the file but don't quit paint. Now go to the script and find the line named button action="play". Change the button's ordinates according to the PAINT's status bar infos. Save it all and test the skin in Virtual DJ to verify your work. You'll see that verifying is a hard part of the job (I verify maybe each minute the work, except for very long processes).
Just modifying a skin will let you know how hard the work is, and how long the process can be. It's not that hard, just reporting thousands of numbers into a text file.

DJ FORMAT

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:02 pm
Pionara wrote :
Peeps

I've just reinstalled my VDJ up to version 4.1. I'm using the full audio default skin which is fine, but can anyone tell me how to put the CPU monitor graphic (as is in the Full Video skin) onto this skin?

I had a look at the .xml last night and tried to alter it, but couldn't get anywhere with it.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

I can email you the skin with the cpu meter added if you like. PM me your address...
I have posted the skin to VDJ too anyway, but if you can't wait, lol

DJ Mykel

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 6:31 pm
no entender tu idioma broder ponte uno para español puesss chevre ...

Posted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 9:48 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 9:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)