Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ4 Effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jaaanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey guys!

I just downloaded the Vdj4 Trial and wondered if the effects windows is supposed to be looking like this?
It's kinda confusig and I just dont know how to use the FX 1-3 with my DJ Console!

thx for the help
greetz

the pic:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1302/vdj4pu4.jpg

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 1:59 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
no that definitely not normal...

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:02 pm
good 2 know!:D

now i wonder how i could get it fixed... cuz i really like the style of vdj4 and i wanna buy it in about 2 weeks... but till then i wanted to use the 20day trial version and stop usin' the 3.4 version :/
i deinstalled every single thing that had sth to do with VDJ and installed the demoversion that i downloaded on virtualdj.com, but it doenst really work the way i want it to :(

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the FX engine in v4 has been changed

you use 1 and 3 to move bettween fx and 2 to activate

as a pro user u can change the mappings to adjust this behaviour

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 2:41 pm
ok, thx so far!

but to repeat the question i already asked:
how can i change the visual of the effects to normal`? cause when u look at the screenshot, u see just some black windows without any tooltips, descriptions etc.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 3:59 pm
have u got tooltips enabled

have u tried a reinstall?

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:08 pm
i tried 4 reinstalls ;)
tooltips etc are enabled :/

maybe im missing some files? when i looked in my skins folder i noticed that there's just 1 zipfile, including 4 *.bmp and 4 *.xml... named by the skins
basic
full
fullvideo
internalmixer

but theres nothing about the lower half of virtualdj.. my Browser seems to be a bit buggy too!
sometimes i cant even search songs because the bar where i enter the names just "disappears"..
to be exact, it moves completely to the right of the windows, where i can't even click it anymore :/

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/8429/vdj42xs8.jpg

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:21 pm
unfortunately the webfiltering here at collage is blocking that image here il check when im at home and see what needs to be done

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:25 pm
would be great :)
thanks a lot

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:28 pm
any time ;)

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 4:38 pm
A question for VDJ team members ideally...

Why has the FX interface been changed in the new version? I've been using the home edition for about a year now and was all set to purchase the pro version until I dwnlded the trial. I use effects very heavily and enjoy contolling them from my MKII. I have read the FX can be mapped. Does this mean to any button on the Herc or just keyboard keys? It seems to me that it would be difficult to deactivate one effect (ex: a filter) on the Herc and also another effect (ex: a delay) on the keyboard simultaneously with one hand if the other hand is using the mouse to control FX parameters. This is a combo of effects I like to use and then cancel both out simultaneously on the MKII right as the beat drops. It seems that this will now be impossible in VDJ 4.1r2 unless all FX can be mapped to the Herc or all to the keyboard (which defeats the purpose of the Herc a contorller :(

So I guess my question is (1) Why the change in the layout? and (2) How (if at all) do i get the effects to work identically to the way the do on my DJC edition of VDJ if I decide to upgrade to the new version?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can clarify this for me...Peace :)

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 10:45 pm
it means u can activate more than 3 fx at once try clicking on the menus to choose an fx

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 10:52 pm
How would I contol all 3 with my herc tho and not have to select with the mouse or keyboard like in previous versions?

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 11:02 pm
use 1 and 3 to choose the fx to load and 2 to choose

u can change this to all 3 in mappers

but this means only 3 fx work at once its more useful for me as a mk2 user to choose many fx

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 11:14 pm
Aaah I see now... But dont u find that it is a pain in the neck when trying to activate or deactivate more than 1 effect simultaneously?

Posted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 1:56 am
is there a way to save the settings of my effects. i have to set them up every time vdj launches....shittiest thing ever.

Posted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 4:23 am
unless you have selected automatic reset it should load the last used settings

Posted Fri 08 Dec 06 @ 1:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)