Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Re: Numark ICDX owners! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's what I was thinking. I just ordered my with delivery hopefully this week. I got a pair and I am getting eager and looking for some answers. Numark doesn't have a manual out on their website yet. The only info I was able to find was in the CUE manual. BTW, the CUE manual only talks about using 1 iCDX with CUE. Are you able to have two connected and each one respectively controls it's deck? I mean VDJ/CUE in the config only has 1 check box in the Remote Control tab for iCDX.

Thanks, any insight would be great.

cstoll

Posted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 1:36 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sure, only checking the box is enough, it detects both of them, then if the decks are wrong (deck A controlled by iCDX B) just press eject and it swaps.

The manual is not the best manual ever, but it does it function.

Hope you like your upcoming hardware dude.

BTW, if you want more info, just ask.

Posted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 1:54 pm
alx2k - Thanks for the info. By all means this will be the first place I come..!!! Now just got to gett'm in my hands!

Again, Thanks!!

Another Ques: Has anyone had any luck with using say iCDX(s) along with a DAC-2? Or maybe the X-Session since it is MIDI also? Any conflicts on the NOTES or CC code clashing?

cstoll

Posted Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 12:04 am
I can't answer all your questions, LOL.

I don't have xsesion or DAC. You'll have to find out yourself.

I used it with MK2 and works.

Posted Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 9:45 am
Not looking for all the answer... part of this hobby is learning what you can through trial and error.

But by having the MK2 it's reassuring on conflicts could be minimal if even at all.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 2:38 am
Well, I can't say I had problems.

I had no problem with v4.0, neither with 4.1, and just to prevent problems, I installed v4.1r2.

Now, having the iCDX and MK2 at the same time also has no problems.

BTW, I only use VDJ with audio files. I tried some music videos, but having each video different codecs... I didn't like the performance (nothing to do with VDJ, happens the same with WMP).

Also my laptop has a intel chipset, so it's not the top chipset for graphics.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 9:14 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Quick questions:

- When used as a CD player (without VDJ): If you find that it detected the wrong BPM, can you overwrite it? for example, if you load a track and it detects it as 110 bpm but you know it's actually at 128.34 bpm exactly, is there a way for you to input this correct value, so that 4-loops will be right on? or do you have to use the much-less-precise tap feature?

- Can it store cue points and bpm values for all CD/mp3 tracks you've played (again, just as a CD controller not connected to VDJ)

- When used as a VDJ controler: on the videos, it seems that the file browsing is a little slow. When switching through tracks in the browser, can you press and it will scroll while pressed, or do you have to press X times to go down/up X tracks?

- how is the build quality? does it feal nice and heavy and solid, are the buttons good quality? is the wheel smooth? does the CD loading mechanism feel reliable?

Much thanks for enlighting us :)

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 12:05 pm
Ok step by step.

a) I find that the BMP counter is not that bad, however I never trust CD desk BMP counter. the only way I found out is the tap button and pressing the touch surface.

b) If my memory doesn't fail it stores up to 3.000 CUE points, but I should refer to the manual to tell you sure, don't know if BMPs are autostored too or recalculated everytime.

c) to select the track you move an endless rotating wheel, every step the wheel moves it moves 1 song, so if you rotate fast it should move fast. then when you press in the button, it selects that song on the desk. If you read my last post, I normally don't use VDJ for videos, but if you rotate 4 steps, it should move 4 songs.

d) CD loading looks solid, the unit is made of plastic, so the look is not that good, buttons work great IMO. wheel works good too, but I only have it for 2 weeks or 3, but I heard numark used to have longterm problems with build quality. but, for now, it works great.

hope this helps

Alejandro.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 4:38 pm
cstoll wrote :
Has anyone had any luck with using say iCDX(s) along with a DAC-2? Or maybe the X-Session since it is MIDI also? Any conflicts on the NOTES or CC code clashing?

The DAC-2, DAC-3, DJ Console and iCDX all have native support built into VDJ and do not need to use MIDI. You should be able to use any of these alongside a MIDI controller such as the X-Session without any problems or conflicts. You can also use more than one MIDI controller providing each is assigned a unique MIDI channel.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 6:54 pm

Posted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 1:33 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Mon 19 Feb 07 @ 4:33 am
Ok - and another question...

Do all the nifty FX on the iCDX work when used as a controller for VDJ or are you limited to the VDJ effects?

Spent an hour tonight playing with one... I liked it quite a bit.

Thanks!

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 3:30 am
When running the iCDX as a controller you are limited to what is available in VDJ.

Posted Tue 27 Mar 07 @ 3:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)