Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Your music organisation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MalekoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
How do you organise your music folders?

So how they appear in VDJ browser...wats easiet for you?

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 5:57 pm
I've just been thinking about this very topic...

Right now I have my music organized by genre and sub-genre. So, for example, I have a "House" folder, and within that I have "Funky", "Deep", "Progressive", etc. sub-folders.

But this is somewhat limiting if I'm trying to do a mix that goes between sub-genres... It would be nice to be able to display more than one folder in the browser at a time, and organize it by ID3 tags. Is this possible? Or going to be at some point? Can genres in ID3 tags be determined by the user ? Not really sure how that works...

For now, though, it's easy enough to create playlists when you want to combine different folders into a group of tracks all listed together in the VDJ browser...

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 6:09 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Poloralphloren wrote :
I've just been thinking about this very topic...

Right now I have my music organized by genre and sub-genre. So, for example, I have a "House" folder, and within that I have "Funky", "Deep", "Progressive", etc. sub-folders.

But this is somewhat limiting if I'm trying to do a mix that goes between sub-genres... It would be nice to be able to display more than one folder in the browser at a time, and organize it by ID3 tags. Is this possible? Or going to be at some point? Can genres in ID3 tags be determined by the user ? Not really sure how that works...

For now, though, it's easy enough to create playlists when you want to combine different folders into a group of tracks all listed together in the VDJ browser...

I think you can display more then just one folder in the browser! You press either control or alt, not sure which and click on the folders you want to display an they all go to the browser window!!

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 10:08 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I put all my music in a folder called "music", and inside of that, a folder for each genre. Set the "music" folder as a favorite, and voila!

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 11:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:) wise man

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 11:34 pm
@ SOCROSS:
THATS THE WAY I SET-UP MINE TOO ; ONLY I CALL MINE XTERNAL MUSIC (FOR MY EXTERNAL HD ;0

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 12:53 am

my bad didn't realize i had the caps on :-!

Posted Sat 11 Nov 06 @ 1:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)