Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: News for BCD-2000 Mapper - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Now i've tested and stressed the mapper several nights. I got one vdj crash. But after having changed the skin; Since vdj 4.2 and my new machine, I get this error 2 time each time was during a skin change.
Now, I saw sometime a long delay in the pitch move on the active deck. For example, the previous track was 120 bpm, the new one is 124, as I've beat matching active, the new track is assigned to 120. I beatmtach and mix to the new track. After when I want to increase the bpm to 124, I slide up the fader but nothing occurs. Some second after the pitch move.
And it's not each time. it's transient behavior. Does somebody experience this problem?

Posted Fri 19 Jan 07 @ 4:42 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
@Dj Fredrix
this is a safety function called pitch-link....
when the pitch of controller is different of the pitch on skin....the pitch on controller is disabled until pitch on controlle is equal to pitch on skin!!
why this?
because suppose that you're mixing 2 song...you use the sync function fot adjust the pitch....
and for example the pitch on right deck it move on +3%.....but the pitch on controller is not +3%!!!
...could be to 0 or other position that you leaved before sync function...
without the pitch link function and you move the pitch on controller it cause e fastly moving on pitch onskin to real pitch of controller....it's very bad......pitch link is very important feature!!

remember i repeat that if the two pitch are differents the pitch of controller is disabled until pitch there is this condition pitch controller=pitch on skin

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 11:50 am
moramax wrote :
@Dj Fredrix
this is a safety function called pitch-link....
when the pitch of controller is different of the pitch on skin....the pitch on controller is disabled until pitch on controlle is equal to pitch on skin!!
why this?
because suppose that you're mixing 2 song...you use the sync function fot adjust the pitch....
and for example the pitch on right deck it move on +3%.....but the pitch on controller is not +3%!!!
...could be to 0 or other position that you leaved before sync function...
without the pitch link function and you move the pitch on controller it cause e fastly moving on pitch onskin to real pitch of controller....it's very bad......pitch link is very important feature!!

remember i repeat that if the two pitch are differents the pitch of controller is disabled until pitch there is this condition pitch controller=pitch on skin

Thx Moramax. Now it's clear and looks fair.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 5:59 pm
very good...it's important that's very clear!!!:)

Posted Mon 22 Jan 07 @ 6:22 pm

@ Moramax:
we are several vdj users very happy with your mapper. Thanx a lot for this nice solution.

Now, we have a question: is it possible to have in a future version, the mapper parametrizable like the one Djcel has developed for the DJ Console?

If it's not possible due to your agenda, if you agree to share the code, I should have some time in March to enhance the mapper.

Let us know.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 4:39 pm
@Dj Fredrix
exuseme for the answer in late but it's a busy time!:)
my mapper was concern by me to optimize the command of bcd with my experience in djing....i thinking to rewrite all code to make it easy for reach the result in the best way.
now i'm taking some time because with the exit of bcd3000 i'd like to undestand if it' s possible to make one universal...and it's so important don't also make confusion...
but i'll inform that at soon it will available a new updade of actual mapper that add some new features from user request....

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 1:25 pm
moramax wrote :
@Dj Fredrix
exuseme for the answer in late but it's a busy time!:)
my mapper was concern by me to optimize the command of bcd with my experience in djing....i thinking to rewrite all code to make it easy for reach the result in the best way.
now i'm taking some time because with the exit of bcd3000 i'd like to undestand if it' s possible to make one universal...and it's so important don't also make confusion...
but i'll inform that at soon it will available a new updade of actual mapper that add some new features from user request....

No problem for your answer.
I understand your point about bcd2K exit and the new bcd3k. As it should arrive soon (if Behringer meet their commitments for one time), it would be smart to see if we can do something compatible.
Thx for your work.

Posted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 3:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We all have to thank Moramax for his work, but i think it's time to go one step forward.

We need a mapper !

Mapper means a tool to map a midi devive. So far we have found a way to communicate VDJ and BCD, but we have not found a way to rule BCD. We need a way to assign commands to the keys of BCD. Everyone uses a midi as the way he needs. Others uses timecoded commands, others not. Others use many effects, others use many samples and other commands. We need a tool to make the BCD to fit to our own needs.
The VDJ Team has to point a Member with less heavy schedule, and assign him a mapper for BCD, which the users will be able to change the functions.
BCD3000 is coming, but we don't know yet when. We actually know nothing about it, so until it comes, we look at the BCD2k. And what if BCD3000 comes tomorrow? Supposed it has different architecture and a mapper will be easier to be writen. What about tha BCD2k users?. Left behind?

Please straight answers. Not by Moramax (sorry no offence). We need answers from the Team. I can wait for a long time, but i need to know if it is possible.

Posted Thu 08 Mar 07 @ 11:34 pm
BCD2000 mapper update is done.

These are the news features:

-FIXED FX AND SAMPLE LED VISUALIZATION(SINCRONIZED WITH SKIN)
-ADDED TWO MODALITY OF CUE : “CUE/STOP” AND “STOP FUNCTION”
-ADDED SYNC NOCBG MODE
-TWO BROWSING MODE
-POSSIBILITY TO SET IF THE CROSSFADER IS ONLY FOR VIDEO BY DEFAULT
-ADDED SCRACTCH SENSIBILITY FADER
-ADDED SEEK SENSIBILITY FADER
-ADDED BAND SENSIBILITY FADER
-ADDED MASTER LEVEL 50%
-ADDED GAIN LIMITER

this is a preview of new windows interface:

to download:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/view.html?type=tool

Posted Sat 10 Mar 07 @ 6:12 pm
Moramax
we apreciate your work on this. I take off my hat on you, but i think you are on the wrong path.

All these changes you're making, is someone's needs, someone's thoughts. Not necessery yours but you can not satisfy all.

For example i would like the CUE - STOP function instead of the STOP.
I use playlists a lot as several others, and still we have to keep busy one of our fingers pressing the AIR button in order to browse them.

If only you could parameterize your mapper it would solve many problems, i suppose.

But still, Ver 2.0 is one or maybe more steps forward. Thank you.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 07 @ 1:48 am
@djdad,

first the CUE STOP FUNCTION is PRESENT in the version 2.0. and it's also assegnable to STOP like 1.1. Probably in your manual is described like PLAY/STOP TO CUE but it's the same of CUE/STOP and i've already changed the description in the manual to cue/stop.

Have you read the manual???Have you used the new mapper?i think not..
You have to read the manual.....and use the mapper...

THE NEW VERSION DON'T CHANGE NOTHING BEFORE THE LAST 2.1 BUT ADD NEW FEATURES AND IT'S REVERSIBLE LIKE 1.1

ABOUT PLAYLIST BROWSING I'LL CONSIDER YOUR REQUEST

you write what you want!! please now stop to request all time the same thing. We understand....
in the previous post i explained the reason because the new project is not started...my intentions is to finish one work before start new one....
thanks,
have you a nice day:)

Posted Sun 11 Mar 07 @ 3:07 am
djdad wrote :
Moramax
we apreciate your work on this

WE ????

Read fine the manual
the mapper is perfect :-)

Uncle SPA

Posted Sun 11 Mar 07 @ 3:37 am
I don't know, maybe i don't read well. I need help here...

VirtualDJ says about CUE STOP function...

a)If the song is playing go to the cue point.
b)If the song is paused set a cue
c)If the song is at the cue point, play a small part of it.

I can't see the b) in your mapper neither in the manual , or am i doing something wrong here?

Don't WE all apreciate his work Spazialex? I do !. Or do you think that i have not the right to ask more?

Posted Sun 11 Mar 07 @ 9:11 pm
in the manual is writen how to set the cue points...

but it's not a problem to explain also here:

when you are in pause press:
LOW CUT KEY.....TO SET CUE POINTS 1
MID CUT KEY......TO SET CUE POINTS 2
HIGH CUT KEY.....TO SET CUE POINTS 3

if you want you can also delete it:

ANALOG INPUT+LOW CUT KEY.....TO DELETE CUE POINTS 1
ANALOG INPUT+MID CUT KEY......TO DELETE CUE POINTS 2
ANALOG INPUT+HIGH CUT KEY.....TO DELETE CUE POINTS 3

Posted Sun 11 Mar 07 @ 11:45 pm
Yes Yes yes yes Moramax i know this.

But the CUE STOP function does these a) , b) and c) things with ONE button the CUE STOP button !!!!! ...as the VirtualDJ Manual says.

For example if you assign the keyboard button C as CUE STOP, when the song is still and you press C then sets a cue point (No1). You don't need to press another key!

And my issue here is ... You programmed Kill EQ buttons to set cue points OK. Let's say you have a song on DECK A, at the cue point ready to play, BUT you need to play this song without bass (kill) how do you do it?. You have to press play first and then press Kill Bass. I'm not that fast, because my other hand is at the crossfader.
I don't know if i make myself clear.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 07 @ 10:21 pm
yes yes yes yes????yes what???

djdad wrote :
as the VirtualDJ Manual says

probably you've not understand that you have to read bcd2000 mapper manual not virtualdj manual to understand bcd2000 mapper...my mapper is an alternative to original mapper....if you want you can use it or not
if you like the original mapper you can use it!:)
sincerely your request is not common(for the mapper) and first time i heard....
but for sure i consider the most customers request...if your request will be common for sure will be implemented.
i used the kill button to set cue when you're in pause because for me it's more intuitive and safe to set a cue... for errors you can set a cue in wrong place ..with my system it's safe
for me the kill bass button is a toy for baby....and it's so useful use like i have done..
in your case when you want start without bass why not use the bass knob???

Posted Tue 13 Mar 07 @ 12:37 am
djdad wrote :

../..
I use playlists a lot as several others, and still we have to keep busy one of our fingers pressing the AIR button in order to browse them.

If only you could parameterize your mapper it would solve many problems, i suppose.

But still, Ver 2.0 is one or maybe more steps forward. Thank you.

@Moramax: thx for this update. New features looks interesting. Can't wait to test it tonite. :)

I share with djdad the same advice about playlist. Having the finger kept busy on Air Button may generate some problems.

Posted Tue 13 Mar 07 @ 4:16 pm
@Dj Fredrix,
i'm working on about this features....

Posted Wed 14 Mar 07 @ 1:52 pm
moramax wrote :
@Dj Fredrix,
i'm working on about this features....

Thx.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 07 @ 11:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)