Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Network Sync

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, im having issues getting my network sync working (trying to beatlock 2 instrumentals to an acapella). Any tips guys?

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 9:05 pm
Answered my own question.

Here's what i did if anyone's interested. Its pretty simple

1. Under the network tab in options, i changed the ip address to 127.0.0.1 To sync with other vdj instances on the local pc.

2. Key step, quit and restart. Simply setting the option does not work. You have to restart the program for it to take effect.

3. Set up your master song (acapella in my case) on instance one .

4. Start up instance number 2, and load your 2 instrumentals. Activate beatlock on both instrumental tracks. They are both now slaved to the unbeatlocked track playing on instance 1.

Hope SOMONE finds this useful.

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 9:25 pm
ZaynePRO InfinityMember since 2003
My question is: how do you get the beatlock function to work? It always seems to drift, even when using it on 1 instance. If there's a way to solve this, then I can use the network function.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Posted Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 4:08 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you need the correct BPM's for both tracks you are using

Posted Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 11:57 pm
dj fumaHome userMember since 2005
Network Sync works perfect, but its does'nt syncs the recording data simultaneously between the tables & recording only works just like a single program does. How can we record the music running at both the 4 tables.
I tried using an external recorder, but that slows down the pc after a while & virtualdj starts taking jerks.
My pc is strong enough to hold 6 Tables at a time. But how do i record that data synchronizing between the tables.??

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 12:10 pm
fuma,

You can do this with a 2nd pc (record). Also you should really buy the full version or enter your key in your profile man!

Killabee44

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 6:23 pm
dj fumaHome userMember since 2005
It's all about the ip right? what if we install 3 NIC cards in one 1 pc.
Like, more NIC Cards, more great mix at the record, using 6 tables on a single pc?!
That is'nt the correct way do the things professionally i know,
it would create a mess including distortions & resonance between mix.
But, is there any possibility of this scenario?

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 9:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)