Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: club tips

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a small town dj using virutal dj with the hercules console i'm from louisiana also...I was tryin to get some turntables to go with it i'm also only 17 yr. old so i was asking my dad to buy me at least one for my b-day coming up he's totally against it because he use to use them back in the day and said he hated it...I have dreams of stepping it up to the next level as soon as i can and i'm not familiar at what club owners look at when they want a dj i was hoping someone out there had any suggestions...and if im even working with the rite equipment and stuff thank you...

DJ Hi-Roller

Kinder, LA

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:10 am
If yoy have never used turntables, you migth rather consider CD dj decks...

Or the iCDX cd player AND controller (for VDJ)

;)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:12 am
how well would this help me b/c like i've been inside a big pumpin club so i wouldn't know what they use and i'm sure u've played in some big places what do they expect out of the dj and expect the equipment he uses???

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:17 am
First of all, most clubs already have equipment.
So its already there, all you need to bring is your music or laptop.

Clubs nowadays usually have cd players, often CDJ800 from Pioneer or similar.
Smaller clubs have often rackmount dual cdplayers.

Some clubs also have turntables, but very few only have turntables.

Whats expected from you as a DJ is usually you playing good music, and making a good atmosphere;)

Rarely you meet anyone saying you need to use this or that equipment to be a dj, but it can happen;) Usually some old school dj that hates development, and are against cds and even more so mp3s ;)
but they dont come around often, so dont worry:)

If you want equipment for yourself, thats a different story.
Go to a dj store, and test cd players and turntables, see what you like the most :)
Its a matter of personal taste and choice, what you use...

Generally speaking, getting used to playing CD's and dj CD players will make you ready for almost any club. And most clubs now accept dj software too, and that you already know:)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:24 am
thank you i think i just felt a whole new boost of confidence....

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:29 am
;)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)