Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Bose 802 and small factor speakers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hey all , I'm looking for some feedback on small speakers for my small venue karaoke bars, remember this is karaoke, I really dont need a whole lot of bass, I have plenty of that. What I'm looking for is speakers that can handle karaoke at a decent level, I'm tired of having to drag out double 15's or 18's to every karaoke gig.
The smaller the better, but not garbage (price isn't my concern my back is)
Does anyone have any experience with the bose 802 series?

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 5:48 pm
Trust me on this, look seriously at a pair of EV (Electrovoice) SB122's and couple them with a pair of EV ZX1's You will be truly blown away by that combination and VERY easy on the back. You should be able to get them demo'd at any good EV supplier.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 6:11 pm
Hi, I'm Alex from Germany. I have a small event firm and i use the Bose 802 for small events, and they are perfect for it, because of the broadband (wideband) technology. Especially with cd-music the 802 sounds very good. So i think for a karaoke bar they are very good. Negative point: Bose is expensive and you always need a processor to use them.

Greets from Germany

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 11:46 pm
I do recomend DAS DS-115A, they look like JBL EON15G2, they have a horn and a 15" woofer, they don't weight to much, and the sond is outstanding, self powered speakers are the best choise for me, they are a bit expensive as they have a 100W RMS for horn and 300W RMS for woofer.

This is what I use for small parties, but believe me, you can have arround 150 people in the room and the speakers sound incredibly loud, they weight 48.6 lbs. each and with a pair of speaker trusts and these babies, you will rock any place.

Tech specs:

http://www.dasaudio.com/
freq. response: 45 Hz - 15 KHz
RMS Power: 100W HF - 300W LF
Nominal SPL: 130dB
Dispersion: 100 H - 70 V
Dimensions: 28" x 18.2" x 16.5"
Weight: 48.6 Lbs. each

You wont need subs for these speakers, they are very reliable, they look very nice, they have an outstanding fidelity, the best I've heard yet, well makie speakers sound as good also....jejejejeje.....

Hope this helps.

Peace !!!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 12:44 am
Hey Angel I sent you a e-mail about this let me know if I can help you?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:02 am
Who's Angel? ;)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:07 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Angel Who? lol Thanks guys for the feedback!!!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 2:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)