Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV bypass - still possible?!?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Am I missing something? I can't find the "timecode bypass" command in VDJ 4.0! Is this feature still available? It would be nice to have, so we can play regular vinyl on the turntables without doing any complex wiring...

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 1:27 am
Good point...

Hmmm...
Maybe dev team forgot something, or made different, but cant find it in shortcuts ...

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:14 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
It was buggy (caused distortion) and removed as far i know.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:31 am
Yes, it was very buggy and distorted with version 3.4 -- I was kinda hoping they'd make it better rather than just delete it completely :) Some of us have real vinyl to use too! But I'll hook up alternate wiring for it I guess... They definitely should get a TCV bypass in there that works well, a lot of the SSL users are DJ's that are converting from regular vinyl, and have substantial vinyl collections that they'd probably want to still be able to use!

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:00 am
We need this back

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 4:10 pm

hmm... what is removed is software bypass. That was buggy.

Doesnt hardware bypass work ? just unmute the line in, at the soundcard mixer output, and you have hardware bypass? Or?

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 4:18 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
use "Y" cables ..

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 12:43 am
ok

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 3:00 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
'hardware based monitoring' (routing a signal driect from one input to another output) is part of the ASIO 2.0 spec, can VDJ not just invoke this? (even if it would be passed at phono level)

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 3:30 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I really hope we get this function back, it's important for some of us who use external music (live Ableton live) to make the sonique plugin move while we're scratching video.

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 6:29 pm
frodehPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm currently spinning regular vinyl and use virtualdj on a completely different system. I've yet to figure out how to combine both regular vinyl and virtualdj vinyl. People say to use splitters ("y-cables"), but how does this work in practice? Does anyone have schematics or some sort of illustrated layout?

Would appreciate any help on this one, I know some of you spin both regular and virtualdj vinyl! :)

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 10:39 am

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 12:11 pm
frodehPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thank you, this cleared things up a bit. I think :) So basically what you do is just switch between phono and (in this case) cd/line on the mixer to play tcv and regular vinyl alongside?

Thanks!

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 12:19 pm
Partially correct but not precise. :) Analized the diagram clearly and you'll know how the thing goes.

Take note that to control virtual dj using tcv you will need a sound card that have two stereo inputs and two stereo outputs. A maya44 usb souncard is an example of this card as shown in dj dams blog.

hope that helps.:)

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 1:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)