Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: beat mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The train has crashed... lol I cannot get the automated beat mixing to work. I have to manually press the SYNC button to get a match. I do not use hardware attachments and loved the ability of VDJ to mix my next song. My CONFIG setting is Auto BPM is enabled and disable beatlock is on switch.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:21 pm
got it... disengage beatlock on manual

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:44 pm
Driving me crazy, right the first time, can't get the beatmatch to work automatically. must push the sync button to match the beat but it should do this all by itself like vdj3.4. Also I miss the REMIX button. this feature allowed us to skip one beat forward or back. Very important for niiiice mixes.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:00 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Chris Davis wrote :
Driving me crazy, right the first time, can't get the beatmatch to work automatically. must push the sync button to match the beat but it should do this all by itself like vdj3.4. Also I miss the REMIX button. this feature allowed us to skip one beat forward or back. Very important for niiiice mixes.

Ever tried using shortcuts? You can assign certain keys to skip +/- 1 beat, 2 beats, 128 if you like. You can also make a macro (assign two functions to a same key) to beatlock & sync.

Regards.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:20 pm
the sync engine has a new feature.... Sync on CGB's

Left click = Sync on CGB's

Right click = sync on beat (like VDJ 3.4 )

Or make shortcuts of sync_nocgb... for 3.4 sync

thats all ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:23 pm
Thanks for your reply, but what is a CGB and how do I get it to beat mix with total automation? I can't be pushing buttons. I queue up the songs and let VDJ do all the while I mix it with the crowd.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:34 pm
Sorry, see now that you said AUTOMATIC mixing..

For automatic mixing (beatmixing) to work good, your songs have to have correct BPM and CGB's

CGB's are computer beat grid that VDJ uses to align sync, lock, loop etc.

They are indicated as dots in the waveform of your songs, and needs to be under each beat for automixing to work good.

Please try to analyze your songs, and choose songs that are analyzed well...

Hope that helps :)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:39 pm
HI dj-in-norway

All my CGB's are spot on. Is the issue with SYNC. You click on it, left or right click, it does not seem to matter, and the SYNC light does not stay on. When the playing song gets to the mix point, the next song starts and it is not matched unless you click on SYNC during the mix.

So to recap, The beatmatch is fine, but on auto play I can't get it to auto sync.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:52 pm
hmm.. I see... Might be a bug... Will try a bit too.
Most of the beta testers are not focused totally on automix (a feature most of us dont use), so might be something that slipped by our attention...
If so, it will be fixed;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:59 pm
Thanks
The only other issue I have is that the slideshow does not play automatically if there is no video clip. And likewise it does not change back to a video clip when unless you click on it. This was an auto feature on the 3.4 that allowed advertisements, photos etc. to be shown instead of visualisations. I have spent an hour trying to get it to work.

But let me say that evetything else is good. took some time to explore but i like what I see.

Cheers

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:12 pm
this have been adressed, but did not make it for 4.0

But I'm sure it will be fixed and even more for 4.1... ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:14 pm
GOT IT

Beat sync works fantastic if you take VDJ out of SAFE MODE on the performance tab. Mixes far better than 3.4 with nicer cross fade levels and accurate syncing on the first beat... Well done guys.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:46 pm
good to hear ;)

Safe mode is for lower-end PC's to prevent skips/crackles, but will work better turned off if you can.

Also, try checking overclock... The name is a bit misleading, its simply a laptop optimization routine.. works GREAT at my laptop ;)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)