Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: some help please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi there guy's i followed a tutorial on here to help set me up to broadcast and everything was going fine until the last part.im using my pc as the server. when i go to connect everything seems to be running fine but instead of the message "[yp_add]yp.shoutcast.com added me successfully".i keep getting this message instead "yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error <cannot see your station/computer<ip address here>from the internet disable internet/nat/firewall/isp cache<connection refused>".does anyone know why i keep getting this message?? my firewalls are all set to allow access and i have also tried with my firewalls turned off but still i get the same message. any help with this will be truelly greatfull thanx........

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 9:13 pm
Do you use a router between your pc and the internet. If so, you probably will have to set your pc up as a server for the specific ip ports.
Ewout

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 9:30 pm
thanxs for that but how do i find this out and could u let me know how to change it please. thanx again.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 10:03 pm
A router is a network box, normally between your pc and your internet modem. Sometimes also the modem has a buitin router. You could see this if your modem has more than 1 (mostly 4) network connection points.
Ewout

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 12:04 am
could anyone let me know how to broadcast without using my pc as the server. im using shoutcast.so is there any way i could broadcast using an independant server or would i have to pay to do this???

Posted Tue 22 Aug 06 @ 9:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)