Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Remember size of the waveform

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Whenever I set the size of the waveforum and restart VDJ, it reverts to default size. It would be nice if the user set size would be kept after restart.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:11 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Agreed.

I also had a nifty idea about this... it'd be neat if the waveform could be displayed as though it were viewed through a fisheye lens, where at the center, it gives you a real zoomed in view, but the zoom decreases towards the edges so that you can see more of the waveform... so it kind of compresses as it moves farther from the center.

Does this make sense? It would kind of give the best of both worlds, where you can see lots of the waveform (at the edges), but still see great detail on the part close to being played.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:49 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well, your ised would be good for a videogame, not for a DJ which wants the beats put in the same size. Bybe making a small view to see the "zoomed" waveform and a bigger view to see a big part of the songs. This will make beatmatching over 128 beats easier, expecially for those (like me) who liketo mix the intro/outro of house songs, which take many and many beats to me completed, I often have to use only my ears (oldskool) to syncronise songs, but sometimes my timing is wrong (it isn't easy to mix for 1-2 minutes in beatmatching without making mistakes), and when I get the beat, I have to switch to the default view to check the synchronization, putting off my hands from the controller just to change the view, loosing the small time I have to make corrections quite instantly. I've already said this in another post in the same forum.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 8:31 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not really understanding your post... it sounds like you're saying it's a bad idea (but both the deck 1 and deck 2 beats would still be the same size relative to each other, obviously), but then it sounds like you're agreeing with it.

Or maybe you're not even talking about the "fisheye lens" scaled waveform idea...

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 8:56 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think your idea is good because of a double scale, but I'm against that "fishbowl" effect, which will riun the mathematical aspect of the song. I whink it would be better (and much easier to program) to have a large waveform for the minimum zoom, to see as much as possible of the structure of the two songs, and a smaller waveform, just to see 2-3 beats, to fix small corrections. This way you can both control the song structure (like in techno, house, minimal, etc.) and the beat synchronisation.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 2:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)