Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Color Coded Files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For organization purposes, I posted this in the general area in another post. How about color coded extention in the search forum. One color for karaoke, one for music, one for music videos. This way all searches could be easier and you can stay organized within the playlist if you are playing multiple files?

Maybe put this in the options menu. Green = .cdg, Red = .mp3 Blue = .mpeg

I think you get the point. Any thoughts?

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 5:35 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
There is already a different icon for each kind of track. Is that not enough for file recognition?

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 5:47 pm
Not when you build a playlist though, or am I mistaken? I don't think you see the icon.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 5:58 pm
Never mind. I checked and yes I am wrong.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 6:01 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Still, might be an idea though - maybe could be made an option in the config? I sometimes struggle to see the difference between a yellow icon and a grey icon when I'm working. Oh well, mother said it would make me go blind... ;-)

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
yes wood be a cool idea

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 10:01 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
So many colors would strain the eyes.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:00 am
What about three different local databases ?Maybe have a button on the main screen that cycles thru music,video,karaoke local databases? P@40

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:59 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
abnorm wrote :
So many colors would strain the eyes.

So does looking at a three pixel differentiation of an icon! Being able to have a few different shades to tell the difference between music and video would be far easier on the DJ than that silly tiny icon. I use a 15.4" 1920x1200 pixel screen, and the video and karaoke icons look almost EXACLY the same to me. It'd be wonderful to have the color of each type customizable by the user...

I.E. light blue for music, white for karaoke, a grey for video, or whatever...

It'd be great if the database for virtual DJ worked more like Winamp's media library where it's got the main Local Database, and then there are braches beneath that sorted by various criteria (called "Smart Views" in Winamp). Then you could have it create a section for video, a section for Karaoke, etc., and perhaps create sections to separate your trance from your country music, etc.

I sort of do that now with favorite folders, but it's not a very handy approach. Everytime you click on a folder, it's got to recurse the contents, which means you can't use the controls for VDJ until it's done (which can take several minutes with a very large collection).

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 7:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)