Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Laptop Sound Card?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

go0tyHome userMember since 2006
I'm thinking about buying VDJ and using it on my laptop, but before I do I wanted to ask you guys if you had any suggestions for a good external laptop sound card. The demo version was great but it would be pretty impossible without headphones to seriously mix. I was looking at a few soundblaster ones but figured some of you might have some good suggestions as well. Obviously it would need two line outs and preferably a line in, and of course compatible with VDJ's software. Any ideas?

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 6:18 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
all sound cards are compatabile, are you planning on using tcv or tccd? if not then any sound card will do, you can even use the internal for the main output and the external for your headphones, or just get a external 4.1 or above and use it for both

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 6:34 pm
go0tyHome userMember since 2006
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=9103

I was looking at this. It has the added bonus that I can also swap it back and forth with my desktop for gaming purposes (desktop only has integrated sound). It looks pretty solid, what do you think? It looks pretty high quality, which is what I want. I assume it will work just fine with VDJ. If I use an external card like this, will I have to then purchase the professional edition, or will the regular one work fine with it?

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 6:55 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
either version of vdj will work with any sound card, it all depends on what u want to do

Posted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 7:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)