Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Beat Counter is off when I mix records that I burn myself

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For some reason VDJ does not correctly analyze records that I burn. Does anyone else have this problem. I can easily get around this by beatmixing the old way.

I like this function because I usually mix late at night so I do not blast my monitors, the beatkeeper while not perfect does help.

So how does everyone burn their vinyl?

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 6:31 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First, explain what do you mean by 'burning records'? It could be burning an mp3 to a CD and reading it via VDj, it could be ripping the vinyl to an mp3, etc. What kind of record are you burning? How do you burn it?

It could be a variety of problems :)

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 11:38 am
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry ripping vinyl to MP3 (320kbs) The beat counter works when I rip from CD's or download from online music sites they are analyzed fine.

It is not a big deal, I usually use my time coedvinyl and ignore those dashes, but late at night when I want to play and cant fire up my system, the beat lock feature helps.

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 4:52 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok, I'm guessing your turntable doesn't maintain a constant rpm, but insted driffts off enough to cause unsteady bpm, unlike on the original recording.

Probably lots of people rip their vinyls and don't have noticable problems, so I'm guessing your turntable must be the issue - if you wish more info on solving the problem, explain which turntable, cartridges, weight, etc. you use, than wait for some TT experts to give you advice on that.

Regards.

Posted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 8:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)