Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help with ATOMIXMP3 - Gigging Tomorrow Nite!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi ppl

To start please axcuse me newbieness but i am trying to learn. I have a full version atomixmp3 which i use to play off my laptop. I have a creative labs soundblaster ext soundcard. As far as setup goes the external card is 5.1 but why is that you play one channel thruogh the ext soundcard and the other channel through internal soundcard? Im talking about connecting to an external mixer here. It always seems that the sound from the channel where the ext soundcard is connected too sounds better than the channel connected to the internal? I play rock music mp3s only. Im playing for an opening of a new rock venue and i just want the best setup that will produce the best sound that i can have. Any suggestions??

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 12:26 pm
Is your internal sound integrated? If so the quality of the external soundcard is probably much better because the parts used to make it are also better. Is there an option in AtomixMP3 to use a 5.1 channel card with an external mixer? That would be the best setup to use if you have no conflicts.

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 12:33 pm
Hi Andrew

thaNks for your reply. ive found that these forums have the most helpful bunch of ppl ever. i assume that you use VDJ instead of atomix? In your opinion should i upgrade and get VDJ? i thought thta atomix has the 5.1 function. if it does are you saying that both channels would connect to the ext soundcard? 1 to Front output and 1 to Rear output on the ext soundcard? Sorry i sound so lame its just in Africa there aint much ppl doing this kind of thing and its hard to get expert advice. i would even pay for a little course if i could!

thanks

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 1:48 pm
I'm using Virtual DJ v3.4 and now is as good a time to buy it as ever, as the update to v4.0 has been confirmed to be free for existing users. Not only that but the limited special offer isn't likely to last forever and being an AtomixMP3 user you can get even more of a discount.

Sorry that I don't know the soundcard configurations of AtomixMP3 but Virtual DJ fully supports using an external mixer with one 5.1 soundcard or as many soundcards as you like. AtomixMP3 may have this feature too so it's worth looking for it or at least an advanced sound config option.

Virtual DJ has a lot of cool features such as the ability to use timecoded vinyl, mix videos and it has good compatibility with various hardware controllers. For a list of comparisons between Virtual DJ and AtomixMP3 see here.

Don't forget there are also lots of free skins, audio and video plugins and samples for Virtual DJ professional users.

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 2:01 pm
atomix mp3 as i remember (it was long time ago) can use 5.1 sound card,there is very simple option in options (where you choose one or two sound card, choose one, but with external mixer). and go to start>settings>control panel>sound and audio devices>advanced (if it is your 5.1 sound card = default sound card) and put quadrophonic or surround :) it would be nice to disable that damn integrated card, because of possible conflicts. one 5.1 sound card is enough for your needs right now.

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 3:39 pm
Thanks Pijani

I will select those options. Are you saying that i can connect both channels from the external mixer to the one external soundcard. One channel to rear output and the other channel to front output? I am confused as too how i setup so that both channels run through the creative soundblaster card. The internal card is a sigma audiotel. I think its a peice of crap ; )

Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it

Posted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 9:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)