Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: phone call from virtual dj - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hello :)
I just recieved a phone call from virtual dj stuff i guess (or someone is kidding) the phone was +441346600.... and i didn't hear anything but "you are using an illegal version of virtual dj". unfortunetly i couldn't hear anything the sound was so terrible that i did not understand anything, and connections was dropped.
Well, i was trying to say that I am using a legal copy of virtual dj, my friend gave me serial key and installation because he don't use it anymore. he found some other job, don't wanna be dj... so i am using his copy which is not cracked......

just recieved another call, i would like to appologize to vdj stuff because i didn't know that my "friend" stole credit card and payed vdj that way :( i just don't know what to do now. I mean, it's OK, i will take vdj off my site but i will not have tools to work, i mean it is impossible to buy virtual dj from here because of credit card, and if there is a sollution to buy a program, i have bad social situation :(I mean i can't use winamp??? i just don't know what to do..............

:(

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:02 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:09 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If you go to start...programs..virtualdj...user guide and go to the last page you will find the terms of use.
Your friend has violated those terms by "giving" his program to you.

Nobody from Atomix or Virtual DJ would call you by phone btw.

You may wish to purchase your own copy to be legal about everything and have the support and fellowship you will find in this forum.

Just click "buy" at the top of the page and then "software" and follow the prompts.

Hope to see you as a full licenced user soon, it's the best program on the planet IMO.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:11 pm
I just removed VDJ from my web site (www.geocities.com/aleksandar_kiki), and don't know what to do next?...
... i was just wondering, am I only one from Serbia recieved a phone call or you will call another 40.000 people that using real crack :)

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:13 pm
Nobody from Atomix or Virtual DJ would call you by phone btw. -- well they called :))) they said they will sue me, but i don't know how because they don't know where i live, but i don't think that will go that far, i think everybody knows where i live and that i can't use credit card because of that and that there is one DJ from serbia that have full licence, which was bought by some good american (i think) so, the point is nobody never buyed vdj from serbia and there are more than 40000 dj's that are using vdj here :) at least i know 100 of them :)

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:17 pm
Atomix Productions won't call you by phone. It may be a joke, or a phone call from another company, like Empire. However you should not use a cracked version...

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:59 pm
then check this number, +441344660049

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 4:41 pm
then check this number, +441344660049, i recieved call from that number, and that voice was sound PRETTY serious. Nobody would joke that way! :)

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 4:42 pm
the number is a UK number and Atommix are'nt based in the UK as far as im aware :P

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:09 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
So why don't you call them back and see who answers the phone?

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:14 pm
[sarcasm] Wow, didn't realise that Atomix had so much power that they could get hold of your phone number held by your ISP based on your IP address at a specific time. Not even the RIAA can do this without a court order, amazing stuff! [/sarcasm]

But there are ways to buy the program, using Paypal and adding your bank details to it, you don't need a credit card.

No one should dial that number too, this is probably one of those serial scammers who will profit heavily from their offshore redirected number (probably based in Nigeria) charging at ridiculous rates..

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:25 pm
i just called and can't get that number, it is weird, there is no tone at all when i dial it, just says CALL ENDED after few seconds. i mean who the hell is that person who called me, he knew almost everything about licence and registration, so it is not possible that is joke :) i never told anybody my user account, and he knew it???
i am really warried about this because i really don't want to make any problems :(

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:27 pm
well actually i have phone number on my web site, but mobile phone number :) not home :)))
i didn't hear abut "serial scammers" and that redirected numbers, i don't understand how they can profit if they call :) ?

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:31 pm
I actually meant you. But, if you are being honest with us and claim to have a number on your website then it probably is a 'friend' of yours playing a joke. You haven't told us what country you're from, or area. 01344 is the area code for Berkshire, you have any friends that live there?

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:35 pm
I am from Serbia, that is former Yugoslavia, city Belgrade, with +381 starting phone number. I have no friends out of my country :| and i don't know what is Berkshire :)))))) not to mention where is it

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:41 pm
Berkshire is a city in England. +44 is the country code for the United Kingdom and (0)1344 is the area code for Berkshire. Atomix is based in France so I doubt this is a legitamate phonecall from them. You could report the phone number which are making these calls to you to your local telephone regulator as if they are not an official spokesperson they are abusing you.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:47 pm
My guess is that someone did not like that you offered a cracked version at your website.

This someone was not representing Atomix, but still was mad at you for offering illegal version.

As long as you did the right thing, and removed the cracked version download, this person or others will not be mad at you for illegal sharing of software anymore:)

You did the right thing, and removed the crack.....

Rune

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 6:11 pm
no no no :) i didn't offer anything, last year you wrote message in my guestbook to remove the download link for crack and i removed it. from that time i only had picture of virtual dj that i removed today (i don't know why but i did it, just to be sure), and..... that's it... but still i don't get clear how he knew on which email my vdj copy is licenced

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 6:20 pm
yeah.. I remeber writing in your guestbook;)

Well... If I dont remeber wrong, did you not also have your phone number on your website?

Anyways, the person calling you does not represent Atomix.

And as long as you dont do anything illegal on your site anymore, dont worry :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "which email my vdj copy is licenced" as you dont have a licence.
You mean a shared licence from someone else?

If he tracked that information, the one calling you must be pretty smart and skilled at computers.

Anyways, I still hope you come clean one day, and buy your own licence.. :)
And dont have sleepless nights over the one calling you....

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 6:27 pm
yea my friend buyed VDJ, and gave me his licence to use because he don't djing, and i was having problems with crack versions. now it's fine. I hope i will come clean once, but i think it will not be soon because of my situation :(...

anyway glad to see that it was a joke, and not real atomix

Posted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 6:33 pm
57%