Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ASIO vs. Direct Sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I am currently using Echo Indigo DJ. How does the sound quality compares between ASIO drivers and regular? I remember reading last year to avoid ASIO, was that issue fixed with version 3.4?

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 2:57 am
Asio is a very old and the first soundmodul for musicsoftware and soundcards but less latenz between 2-5ms the newest is direct sound 5-20ms and the stability is kernel driver modul 3-6ms and wdm 5-10ms

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 3:46 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It is very hard to understand what you mean, but I was mainly asking about sound quality. I am not worried so much about latency at this time.

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 8:38 pm
direct sound and asio sound is about the same

asio is used for LATENCY.. when you want to have low latency for use with for example timecode vinyls

but without timecode, choose direct sound... easy setup, less hazzle...:)

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 8:43 pm
Hi,

Hum...

The best way is to avoid the directsound and bypass the K mixer of Windows.

ASIO is better in many way.

I hope that the next Virtual DJ 4.x will have a audio engine up to 24bits/96 Khz. Asio is usefull
with such audio engine.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 12:01 am
Yeah, a lot of the professional type music software recommends ASIO but mainly for low latency with keyboard use. Reason for example works great with 24 bit soumdcards in ASIO.

If you produce any of your own muxic or samples or beats, or if you want to tccd or even with some external controllers, it makes sense to use asio but dj-in=norway is right, otherwise keep it simple.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 12:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)