Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MacBook Pro and Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey,
I have the intel-MacBook pro, with Boot Camp installed. I hear there is a Mac version of VDJ coming out, but still wanted to know what are my options for right now.

I want to use Time-coded CDs with my Denon 9000 and the Mac laptop, can I get any regular (cheap) USB sound card and use it as an addition input/output?

Since mini-DVI to S-Video adapter doesn't work with Boot Camp, are there any work arounds for VDJ video output?

Thanks

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 10:31 pm
Hi,

Well, the Maya 44 USB soundcard is both Windows/Mac compatible, and should work just fine on the intel based mac through bootcamp. And as long as your cheap soundcard is compatible with bootcamp, you should also be able to use it as a extra along with the soundcard on your macbook as well.

Not quite sure about the video output, but hope this helped a little.

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 12:10 am
Thanks for the info,
With the Maya 44 soundcard configured, I will always have to keep my laptop on right? Even if I want to play striaght audio CDs.

Have you noticed any quality degradation when going through a laptop (vs direct connection to mixer)??

Thanks

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 5:41 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I couldn't get maya44 usb working with bootcamp, but i run VDJ with bootcamp perfectly. just to know... I don't know what is wrong.

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 1:01 pm
xeon Im running bootcamp as well love vdj on it on questions how did you disable your onboard speakers

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 12:34 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Actually i didn't even try to disable them :) I am usng PC laptop for mix, i just tryed VDJ on iMac and it works. Of course on its speakers. But I can try if you want.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 10:11 am

Posted Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 10:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)