Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sony Vegas... best Video Editing/Remix Software? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi All,

Has anyone else had experience using Sony Vegas? I honestly can't believe the possibilities available. There is so many different transitions, effects and text display options its ridiculous. I'm absolutely loving it. I've been making remixes similiar to the funkymix collection with the intro beat so I can use them with VDJ, works like a charm! I've also been adding my own watermark to all the vid clips I remix which I also think is great.

If anyone hasnt tried it and is using VDJ for video mixing, I highly recommend it! It works in the same fashion as mixmeister has done with audio, just a bit more complex.

I certainly hope VDJ takes some tips from this software when it comes to the transitions, effects and text display options. Its the perfect companion :)

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 2:22 am
Ditto! My DJ Company produces a local hotties calendar featuring the hottest women that attend our shows. One of the products is our DVD of the photo shoots. We've had a blast editing the shoots with Sony's Vegas. Hands down, it's worth every penny.

Mat

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 3:52 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
also a vegas user, great quick and easy :)

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 4:07 am
ditto dat!!!
i've been using vegas products since it was sonic foundry...acid, vegas video, i don't really have a need for sound forge but i know a lot of my friends love it....also, what format do you guys render your music videos to? mpeg2?
lemme know
thanks

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 8:28 am
I've used vegas video since the 1st version as well as acid pro, and when they both belonged to sonic foundry, I still have the setups as a memory, excellent program with execellent plug ins, transitions I also make video mixes with it but without watermarks since I give my video mixes to discoteques and they don't accept videos with marks, nevertheless I write my nick when I subtitle the videos, ewout.

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 5:48 pm
what format do you guys render to for music videos?
avi, mpeg2?
thanks in advance

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 6:50 pm
off topic, sorry for that...
@manquin_dj, why are you closing your posts with my first name lately?
Ewout

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 11:43 pm
off topic, sorry...

I don't know why, but everywhere I go people are ending their sentences with ewout.

I think it's the latest trend amongst the rich and famous ;))

(Superstrom - whilst I was posting this silly note you were posting on a thread of mine about hard drives. Thanks.)

Posted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 11:57 pm
No thanks needed, always glad to help...
I close my posts always with my first name, which is Ewout. It is a dutch name, not used often. So I could easily locate or search for posts I have written. If everyone is starting to use it it will probably not work anymore :-(
If the rich and famous use it, I may could charge something for using my name...
Ewout

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 12:32 am
hey mon.,,

I am from Jamaica West Indies and use Vegas for video editing

In fact i replace every video that i have... with the audio for it
using acapellas... i am able to remix and refix most of these songs on .... different genre of music

Just think of your favourite urban music... all reggae blend... and i am not talking reggaeton

In fact... i currently use the program to create great mixed videos for a local cable station and currently working on a demo that if accepted will be on HYPE TV another local station... that is now on DIRECT TV

believe it vegas video is a neat program... and for persons familiar with ACID then it should be a breeze

pity i cant mix as well live as i can in virtual

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 3:19 am
I also use Vegas. I've been using it since version 1 as well. (Check out my mixes on my server.) I use it for audio and video. It depends on the application but lately since VDJ can handle it, I've been rendering my videos as DVD compliant MPEG-2. I sometimes have to edit out the pesky interupptions that seems to be popping up more and more in hip-hop music videos.

DJ Derrick E.
www.myspace.com/djderricke
www.djderricke.com

Posted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 12:57 pm
superstorm

I'm sorry I didn't know you used that word as well, I apologize and promess not to longer use it,regards.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 6:03 pm
@Manquin_dj,
no apologies needed, I was just wondering Why you were using my firstname, like your firstname is Manuel (read from your blog)
Ewout

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 7:11 pm
IRids, question for you since you are using Vegas to remix video and audio, how are you keeping beats in sync on two differnt tracks when doing you remixes in Vegas? I could never figure out how to do that.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 10:34 pm
superstom

As asymptote mentioned I used that word cause is an expression that most people use and not because is my proper name I didn't know it was a proper name actually, you should open a topic on forum in order that people know about this and they stop using it at least in forums for not getting confused, best regards.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 5:17 pm
To answer djreggieward, keeping the beats aligned is easy with Vegas. To timestretch the beat just hold down the CTRL key while dragging the end of the event you want to stretch (or compress). It helps to have both tracks lined up, then you once they are matched, you can move them around. If you have any other questions about Vegas feel free to PM or email me.

DJ Derrick E.
www.djderricke.com
www.myspace.com/djderricke

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 8:45 pm
I've got vegas 6 & dvd architect 3 from when I was running my video restoration service a little while back. Excellent software, a bit pricy but worth every penny. On top of the things you mentioned, it has excellent 5.1 mixing and encoding, a slew of color correction effects, decent chroma keying effects (though I still use my videonics chroma keyer), a slew of audio and video plugins, and producing audio over the program is almost as good as my sonar 4 PRO. The DVD architect software is also the best I've ever used. There's not enough good things to say about the vegas & dvd architect software, and the sound forge/ cd architect software is just as useful for strictly audio application. Sony rocks my world;^]

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 8:55 pm
djderricke

You know if is possible to syncronize audio and video? since sometimes if you want to make a video mix when you move the speed of the video the audio remains with the original speed.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 9:26 pm
Yes you can do this. Just right click on the event you want to modify and click "Properties". I'm not on my computer at home which has the software so I can't tell you exactly which option to select. But yes you can alter the tempo of your event without changing the pitch. And you have multiple ways of handling the timestreching to make sure the quality is to your liking. When I get home I can give you more detailed instructions on how to acomplish your task. (It is a slow day at the strip club today.)

P.S. Yes I'm writing this on the PC I DJ on. lol.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 9:55 pm
derrricke, good looking out on the advise and the offer to PM you. I will try it when I get home this evening.

Posted Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 1:04 am
63%