Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 2 v.s. DJ Console v.s XP10 v.s. VDJ Pro v.s. Demo

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

I've been a VDJ Console Edition user for quite some time now (since November 2003: 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 1.09) and was holding off to buy the fulle version because I was expecting to buy the VDJ Pro package (VDJ Pro + 2 XP-10 controllers) that were advertized on this site for quite some time.

Everything changed over this week-end: VDJ 2 came out, VDJ Pro doesn't seem to be a package anymore (it's not even in the comparison charts anymore! just plain disappeared), and by reading in between the lines of different threads on different forums (General + Hercules + French), I decided to purchase the full version now because here is my conclusion:

- VDJ 2.0, being a new major version, is not planned to be release in a "Console Edition" version.
- VDJ 2.0, if purchased by a DJ Console owner, will work wonders with the console, and will offer a seamless upgrade from vdj 1.09 Console Edition to a vdj 2.0 Standard Edition.
- What's refering to XP-10 and vdj Pro Controllers on the forums here are actually a "custom-VDJ-edition" of the XP-10 shown on www.eks.fi, made by the same manufacturer but with vdj-specific button implementations
- When (if ever?!? the traget date seems to be July) the XP-10-VDJ-edition come out, they'll be sold by Atomix separately from VDJ 2.0 Standard Edition, i.e only the controller hardware will be sold, and the targeted customers are current users of VDJ

I'd like for a Corporate Representative to confirm the above and maybe post a specific topic about this, because trust me many people are wondering :)

Also, it would be nice to know that one who purchases VDJ 2.0 now with the intent of purchasing the XP-10 controllers when they come out is not going to get screwed, i.e [price of vdj 2 today + price of 2 XP-10 controllers in July] should be less than or equal to a potential "2 XP-10 + VDJ" package that could come out in July.

That's it. The product rocks, it's been rocking ever since I got my console last November. The releases are frequent and of quality. Kudos to the development team!

Nicolas

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 4:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)