Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pre Purchase Questions??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RossMHome userMember since 2004
Hi guys.

First Things First.
I'd really like to show my support for the VDJ team. What an excellent product you have put together.

I'm likely to be purchasing a full license for VDJ in the next week, to 2 weeks puerly dependant on when I next get paid.
Can't Wait!!!

What I really wanna know is from a compatability point of view, am I better off going with the Gigaport or the Maya (44 I think) USB external soundcard.
I'm kinda swaying towards the Gigaport because of the 4 stereo outputs (I think the Maya only has 3 but then it's called 44) which will allow for expandability.

In full version is it possible to assign the samples to a different output sound card so they aren't played over the music on that channel?

Karaoke related - I need to talk to a VDJ Admin about this later to do with the features although I haven't actually seen what you've got just now. I worked for another software company to spec a part of software that played karaoke. Ididn't actually work for the company but provided the basis of te functions for the karaoke part of it.
The questions/ideas I would like to ask/put forward related to this, really will make the ULTIMATE Ultimate DJ Software, which it is anyway.

Any admin wanna fire off a wee email to my personal addy not the one on this profile let me know.

Any help or answers to these questions much appreciated in advance.

Ross.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 1:58 pm
How come this has been read 45 times now and no one has answered any of the questions yet.

I'm sure I pointed out that I was likely to buy it within the next week or so!!

Just a couple of things I would like to know before I make a payment to see if it all fits in with my master plan.

Ross.

Posted Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 12:31 pm
RossM

In full version it's possible to assign the samples to a different output sound card so they aren't played over the music on that channel.

What do you want to know about the Karaoke functions ?

Posted Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 12:41 pm
Well for a start how quick is the CDG routine.

Is it in anyway jittery or does it play as well as hardware or even the Swift Ultralite/Elite routine?

What about key change for singers, I'm thinking of buying a hardware key changer anyway.

Do you provide a seperate playlist for Karaoke so that your Karaoke requests dont get mixed in with the music your playing?
Also is it likely that you will add a feature to allow the facility to creat multiple playlists (I understand that the database/search used to come from a text file) I'd like to keep all my Karaoke files seperate from my playable music so that it can't be confused with the original track.

That will do for a start. Once they are out the way I have some more.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 3:09 am
RossM...

sounds like you got many interesting thoughts and feedback regarding VDJ and karaoke...

Would love to see you as a member, so if you like the program, U are warmly welcome by me :)

If you have been here awhile, I'm sure u can tell that the VDJ Team does more than others in making a program for it users, in communication with its users... and in super-speed! :) So far in so little time..
So I'm pretty sure that they will welcome your ideas, and as a member, really listen to you as well :)

karaoke function is very new in VDJ, just added a in 2.0 that was released just some days ago...
But, when adding this feature, they surly give a clue that they will be developing this further...

So, no need to wait...VDJ already is a GREAT program, and with free updates to members, there is no need to wait really... because reasonable things that u might want, I'm pretty sure will be added or improved for you... :)

anyways.. would be nice to have u as a member :)

Dj in Norway

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 3:25 am
The only reason I'm not a member yet is I don't have a credit card. I don't approve of them and I'd be lethal with it.
I only have a Switch card, can only spend what I have.
I'm trying to get a friend to buy it for me on their CC and I'll give them the cash.

I know the Karaoke is a brand new feature and I think with the plans I have for my business in the next 6 months it's gonna make my job so much easier.

Ross.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 3:30 am
DJ In Norway,

This is my new profile on the forum...I just purchased VDJ...turns out they do take Switch afterall.

You can read about it in my "Good News" post.
Finally got a friend to Mastercard it and saw they take Switch as well LOL. :)

Ross.

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 3:02 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Welcome Ross M,

You'll now see all the VDJ power :-)

Did you see you can edit a profile too? ;)

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 12:53 pm
welcome Ross!!!!
great to see you as a member :)
hopefully you're karaoke feedback will be usefull for further development :)

dj in norway

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 4:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)