Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WOW - hercules scratch is better than I ever thought !!!! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yeah, they seem to be a helpful bunch. I sent you an email btw.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 6:27 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Welcome with us robman!

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 6:27 am
Got your mail Robman, and sent you a reply :)

Dj In Norway

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 6:42 am
you won't regret chabonk ;) for sure

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 6:59 am
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I did the same thing after using the console version.

Personally to me that really isn't enough changes to warrent the software upgrade (me personally).

Or maybe I have missed something?

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 6:41 pm
don't know what u missed.... lol :)

But it surly is an upgrade worth it...!! (my opninion... :)

- Scratch w/ jogwheels
- New sample engine
- Access to all plugins
- VST support (even DirectX by emulator)
- drag & drop effects
- asio support
- more harware compability
- and if you like, karaoke possibilities...
etc

So - By far, its a HUGE update ;) hence 2.0

Dj IN Norway

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 6:50 pm
so is the new jog wheel scratch capability like using the mouse for scratching? (ie when you start scratching the 'record' stops and you can rewind it a little then let it play again etc). i take it it works while the 'record' is playing, how is this possible when the jog wheel is not touch sensitive?
if i choose to buy version 2.0, do i just download the regular version from this website?
thank you :)

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 1:06 am
hi keyran04

The jogwheels are very much like using mouse for scratching... U can scratch, rewind, back-spin etc :) yes, when u scratch, the "record" stops...

It is touch-sensitive, in the way that it reacts immediately when you touch the jog-wheel, and move it.. its very sensitive and pretty good! :) it’s sensitive to rotation and speed of the jogwheels.

But it's not a touch-sensitive PLATE (tactical plate) - like a vinyl / xp10, where you can put the finger on it, and the song stops for as long as the finger is there. If you do this on Hercules, it stops, but starts again if there is no more movements. A vinyl /xp10 will stay stopped as long as you hold your finger there. It's a touch sensitive WHEEL, thats the difference.

Having said this, VDJ team made a REALLY good jobb with the midi-sensitivity on the Hercules jog-wheels, and the scratch is pretty good... having in mind it's not a touch-sensitive plate, but a touch-sensitive wheel!

hope you understand the difference :) If you move the jog-wheels on Hercules, it's just like scratching with your mouse, it follows the exact speed of the wheels.. making possible some nice scratch, back-spin etc, like vinyl.
The only thing it can not do, is hold finger on wheel, and the song stops for as long as the finger is there. Difference being that it stops on Hercules, but starts again, if no more movement... (A lot like the scratch on a pro Pioneer cd-player).

It's pretty fun to play with, for a nice price :) Having said that, Xp10 would be a more pro solution, but costs more. It's a user choice, and nice to have different solutions.

If you do buy VDJ, you can download immediately from this web-site, full-working version - and serial by mail.

hopefully we will see you as a member :)

Dj In Norway

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 3:40 am
I think you will see me as a member real soon :)
these are the kind of updates i've been waiting for...
any idea how much the xp10 is gonna cost and when it will be released?

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 2:12 pm
i should really look before i post.
$299 and released in july, for anyone else who's as thick as me :P

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 2:17 pm
Any idea if we will be able to use the xp10 and the hercules console at the same time within virtual dj? otherwise scratching with the cross-fader is going to be difficult...
is there any form of mixer which can join two xp10's together?

p.s i think there should be an 'edit post' feature on these forums

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 3:08 pm
keyran04, XP10 are better with a full version !

that no work with a hacked one !

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 3:19 pm
keyran04.....

Saw you where asking about Hercules and wanting to buy VDJ...
Hope you make the right choice, and leave that cracked version and buy a full...
Would love to help you out more then...

Do the right thing ;)

Dj In Norway

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 3:54 pm
keyranHome userMember since 2004
why did you ban me??
the only version i have is the hercules console version! does the 20 day free trial include all the new features (jogwheel scratching etc)

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 7:22 pm
keyran... guess you might also have a cracked version. I'm not sure, but Piracy staff can tell

there is no demo for v.2.0.

You must buy it for all the features (like scratch) - and trust me - it's worth it! :)

Hope to see you as a member

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 8:05 pm
keyran

What about the V1.08 you try today ??

not the djconsole on the full one !

buy the dj console do not allow you to crack vdj.

dj in norway was a dj console user and he never use a crack, he just buy vdj and now he is a happy man

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 8:09 pm
keyran0Home userMember since 2004
you must be talking about what my nephew was trying out for me earlier. i wanted to try out the scratch capability and the other new features and i was pretty sure it was not in the demo version. he said he knew how i could try out the full version, so i asked him to show me how. he showed me a bad looking website where you could download stuff, but i didn't let him, because of the risk of viruses from such an untrusted website. i'm 95% sure he didn't download anything, and if he has, its against my will. i can honestly tell you i don't have a 'cracked' version, and infact i didn't even know what that meant untill now. i'm going to talk to him later, and see what he has to say.

please stop banning me, i feel i haven't done anything wrong, and i'm very interested in buying vdj 2.0
i'm only interested in v2.0 and the version you think i 'cracked' is of no use to me. i'm not a thief.

so, do you think it would be possible to use both the xp10 and hercules console at the same time? and is there a mixer to join two xp10's together?

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 8:57 pm
And your nephew try Ejaymixstation 1.06 and vdj 1.02 too !

Please stop this game.

We will not answser you until you don't say the true.

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 9:05 pm
keyran0...

Please buy the software, and I'll help you out with any question you might have!

Stop using multiple cracked versions, and do the right thing!
Anyway, it's the only way to get a working VDJ 2.0 - and its a HUGE update, and a GREAT program! Trust me....

Dj in Norway

Posted Wed 23 Jun 04 @ 9:11 pm
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To be totally fair, I was previously banned for using a so called cracked version when in fact the only version I have owned was with the version supplied with console (i still use the console).

I was never given the opportunity to defend myself other than being locked out!

I don't know about each individual case, however I was called a lamer/pirate and banned when all I did was use the console version.

I think it is about time VDJ Team reviewed their victimisation to ensure they are correct before branding people pirates.

Posted Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 7:52 am
85%