Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ABOUT VDJ 2.0 HERCULES VERSION

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

first of all, lol..... when? ;)

and..
will jogwheel scratch be supported for console version?
Are there other limitations when it comes to the new features of 2.0?

just a question :)

Dj In Norway

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 2:14 pm
still hoping for a reply ;)

dj-in-the-dark-ages :)

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 3:31 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Has allways, the DJConsole version (if updated) is updated after the full version (it needs some work to build it to).

So... wait and see.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 8:37 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The answer is:

Hercules "Advanced" and.... 7.1 option ON ;)

Good Mix!

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 6:55 am
Hey there,

I'm having the same sort of problem.
When i adjust the headphone volume in VDJ to 0, everything works fine, the crossfader works perfectly, but i (offcourse) don't hear anything through my headphones.
However if i increase the volume of the headphones in VDJ (with disk 2 selected for headphone output - letter 2 is green in standard advanced skin - and with crossfader all the way to disk 1 at the left), i hear the headphone output of disk 2 also as master output. This gives the impression that the crossfader is not working, but if i switch the headphone output to disk 1 it works again. So basically the headphone output is messed up, it ends up as master output and in the headphone i also hear master output instead of just the headphone output.

My hardware setup:
I have DJ console hooked up to a 5.1 speaker system, and my headphone is connected to the front of the DJ console.

My software setup
I installed the newest firmware of DJ Console (HDJFMW34), i have VDJ 2.0 and updated the hercules drivers (HDJC031G)

My VDJ config:
I tried different things 1 soundcard (DJConsole) + speakers and headphones, 1 soundcard 4.1 (DJconsole) + speakers and headphones (once with and once without Output 7.1 option)
None of the configs seem to change the behaviour.

Anyone have an idea? What about the advanced config? How should i set it up?

Thanks!

SilverTear

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 1:15 pm
Hey forum,

After some searching on the forum and further fiddling with settings i found the solution. You can add shortcut keys for headphone-mix and headphone-crossfader actions in the config menu (in VDJ). By default the headphone buttons on the console are mapped to 'W' and 'O' (see Console Mapping feature). So i created those letters as shortcuts in the config panel of VDJ. After messing around with a bit i got it all working perfectly!

So if you are experiencing crossfader problems (hearing both desks with crossfader all the way to the left or right) check the headphone volume. Set it to 0 and if it solves the problem than the headphone-mix or headphone-crossfader values are probably not correct. Change them by assigning shortcut keys to the headphone-mix (0 and 4096) and headphone-crossfader (also 0 and 4096)values and fiddle a bit untill you got it working!

Oh and by the way VDJ and the Hercules DJ Console are awesome products for only 199 € (DJconsole) and 99€ (VDJ) you get to call yourself an DJ!! (well, not exactly a pro, but the fun is definatly guaranteed).

Heads up for the Hercules and Virtual DJ team i say!

Silvertear

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 7:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)