Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Lagging & freezing when using 32 bit video OK at 16??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I set my video to 32 bit I get video lagging, skipping & freezng problems. In 16 bit it all seems to work fine. My system is very powerful(Pentium 4, 3 gig cpu, 1 gig ram). I have an ATI 9800 All-In-Wonder video card with 256m of ram installed. The problem is I sometimes use the ATI TV recorder & file software and I have to turn off "Hypertheading" in the BIOS otherwise the ATI software crashes(loses sound & no fix works exept turning off Hyperthreading). Does VDJ really need to use "Hyperthreading"? Will it help with my problem in 32 bit? Is anyone else using this video card without problems? What are the best setting? I sometimes to forget to reset it back to 16 bits as when I use an ATI program it always resets the video to 32 bits. At 32 bits even just loading a song causes the song that's playing to screw up.

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 7:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1) You will get better results with Virtual DJ if you enable HyperThreading
2) VirtualDJ is a 32 bits application so we advise to use 32 bits for video output but yes the external video can work better in 16 bits (it depends on computer) ;-)

Posted Fri 19 May 06 @ 10:40 pm
do you have the latest video card drivers installed?
Ewout

Posted Sat 20 May 06 @ 12:21 am
I tried using hyperthreading at my club gig last night but VDJ only worked properly for 15 minutes then the sound went garbled and the speed seemed to slow down to a crawl. I restarted VDJ and it did the exact same thing. Restarted the computer and turned off the hyperthreading in the bios and VDJ worked perfectly for the rest of the evening. I have the latest ATI drivers installed. I tried to put the video in 32 bit mode again and the same problems started over again.

More help with the 32 bit & hyperthreading would be very much appreciated.

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Sat 20 May 06 @ 5:29 pm
For video have you tried disabling Fast Writes or SmartGart in your Bios (ATI Control Panel should also allow it). Ideally it should be turned on, but it has been known to work better turned off with incompatible motherboards.

Posted Sat 20 May 06 @ 5:53 pm
I tried disabling Fast Writes & SmartGart ony to have the same problems. I even changed the priority to high in the windows task manager for VDJ but that made it worst as well. It seems everything suggestion I try to do to make it better seems to make it worst.

Can anyone make sense out of all this?

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Sun 21 May 06 @ 8:39 pm
HI IVE SEEN AT WHAT YOU HAVE 3GIG PENTIM4
BUT THAT 1GIG OF MEMORY WONT CUT IT I WOULD PUT 3GIG OF MEMORY
AS WELL THAN YOUR GOING TO SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

Posted Mon 22 May 06 @ 7:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)