Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: The ability to move files through the search function

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know how to program this? Or know of another program that lets you search as easily as vdj but also lets you copy files? When organizing songs in vdj for playlists I like to copy the songs I want in my playlist from my external hd to my computer hd so that when playing out I dont have to bring my external. The search function on vdj is so easy but I think it would be much better if you could search a folder for a song and then have the ability to copy a selected song into another folder. Is there a way to program a skin to do this? Or does anyone know another program that has the same folder view and search function and can copy? If so please let me know!

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 12:09 am
hi, I do all sorting and copying from within VDJ.
The positive this is, that I can also rename a song and VDJ keeps track of it and I won't loose cues...
Also moving is possible, just right click on the song in the top middle browser pane (after searching),
and the menu will apear:
"
listen
------
edit comment
edit bpm
rename
----
delete
move to
copy to
----
file info
---
remove from search db
analyse
---
go to folder
"

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 10:15 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kool tnx !

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 11:12 am
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

After creating a playlist,

1. Choose the bottom button found in the "playlist" section labeled "Bring this playlist to Filelist".
2. Now you can select entire list by highlighting all songs, or using (cntrl + a).
3. Right click on the list and choose "copy to" or "move to" (it opens and explorer window)
4. Choose a folder to copy/move songs and your done.

-Hope that helps, Dj Los.

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 4:07 pm
Awesome! Thanks guys this makes it so much easier! I was actually having to go back through my libraries and copying all the songs to one folder!

Thanks!

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 2:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)