Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: equipment for d-vinyl2020 ? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok here's the thing... Amazed on software updates, so i'm about to go buy new HARDWARE stuff (including turntables, mixer, etc.), so can anyone give me a FULL list of equipment ("minimal requierements") I have to get to have a d-vinyl2020 support?

Which turntables support it?

How does it work?

With which data transfer technology is the data sent to computer? Usb? Midi? Fireware?

Oh by the way, can someone explane the OSC?

Regards, and thanks 4 replays.

erXon

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 4:24 pm
Which turntables support it?

- all

How does it work?

- put the time coded vinyle the turn table, select digital vinyl and lets play (If you just want to use the remote controle, select digital player*

- The remote controle include 2 Soundcard (Asio)

With which data transfer technology is the data sent to computer? Usb? Midi? Fireware?

- USB 1.0

Oh by the way, can someone explane the OSC?

- Lunch a first session of vdj, on config select : send infomartion then lunch a second session of vdj, on config select recieve infomation and type 127.0.0.1 on IP

When you select beatlock for A2 (A deck of the second session) the beatlock will work.

2 Sessions on the same computer need a powerfull computer.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 4:40 pm
Great! Thanks. So if I understand right, this controller that is offerd on product page is the only way to connect the PC and the timecoded Vinyle? Can than someone provide any image material to see how exacly this things are connected (turntables-controller) or at least give a bit detailed explanation?

I see that timecoded Vinyl's are included in offer, thats OK, just thinking about the price :)

Thanks again.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 5:53 pm

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 6:34 pm
cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can or will VDJ support Stanton Final Scratch?

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 12:54 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Stanton's Final scratch time-coded vinyl is not supported in v2.00.
Maybe in a future version?

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 1:59 pm
***.com is not supported by Atomix, someone whispered in my ear :)
But the whisper was somehow erased/disapeared..

But still... don't thing it is / going to be supported.
Final scratch looks good, and d-vinyl looks good too :)
and VDJ 2.0 looks good...
and I look good too :) LOL

dj in norway

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 2:06 pm
@Dev Staff

I think the key point here may be that it would be nice if the hardware for the TimeCode interface is small like Final Scratch.

For those mobile DJs who like to travel light, the D-VINYL is bulky.

I like e-Scratch description of their product >: "A discrete, stylish and portable device"

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 3:47 pm
@ dj-in-norway

Yup the d-vinyl site IS VERY SLOW. So slow that I lost my patience and closed the browser window :)

And you did go a bit too far with your philosophy on the last post - not that I don't support self-confidence, but it's a bit off topic, don't you think? ;)

@ all

About that Stanton's Final scratch time-coded vinyl, would be great if it will be supported (if you say that it is a bit more compact).

Thanks for answers

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 4:03 pm
self-confidence is sure not a topic ;) hehe... LOL :)

the D-Vinyl is fast sometimes, for some reason.. and they have lots of great images of the hardware.
tested it right now, and site is fast now....
BE QUICK! ;) lol

Dj in norway

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 4:13 pm
Final Scratch is more compact...
Great image here:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Stanton/PR/Final-Scratch-Amp-large.jpg

But I still think D-Vinyl looks a LOT better, at least for DJ's playing resident at club. The controller got a lot more functions and stuff than Final Scratch, like jogwheels, play/cue/pitch buttons etc etc....
I really like D-Vinyl - though I have never tried it. I like the idea, and it looks like a very pro, advanced and extended controller - with ALOT more options than Final Scatch..

but then again - if you are a super-mobile Dj always on the move - Final Scratch sure is a smaller device... :)

Dj In Norway - not the best looking DJ in the world :) LOL

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 4:21 pm
Or - if you are a mobile dj, you could even build your own flightcase (small) with laptop and D-Vinyl controller build into it...! That would be AWESOME! :)

it would not be larger than a laptop bag, and very easy to carry around - and very fast to connect at gig (just plug in into mixer, and drop the timecoded vinyl at turntables, I guess most places have turntables and mixer ready waiting for you..)

Imagine all the extra benefits of having a controller with all DJ things there for you.... D-Vinyl is almost a crossover between turntables and CD-decks... best of BOTH world! hmmm.. I really like it! :) looks very promising...

Thanx VDJ for supporting it! :)

dj in norway

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 4:27 pm

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 4:36 pm
Umm so the market is filling up with solutions. Great for us DJs. Notice competitor MixViBes has a vinyl controled solution requiring no hardware called DVS.

I bought MixViBes before I found vDJ, and vDJ has proven to be stable and reliable.... which is a very very very important feature [:o) So I know vDJ will provide a good solution soon enough.

"All that glitters is not gold" ..... but the heat is on [:o)

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 4:50 pm
DVS is a bit like Final Scratch it looks like....

Still like the looks of D-Vinyl better, because of the great controller... almost like DAC2 meets Final Scatch, CD-decks meets turntables... best of both worlds :)

And, your right, as the DJ software programs get more and more pro, DJ's open theire mind and eyes for the possibilities, and PC Dj-ing is taken more seriously, there is bound to be more and more hardware solutions as well... it's already looking good :) The future is bright, and it glitters... hehe

At least for me, D-Vinyl glitters as gold :) LOL...
Would love to try it.... But there will be diamonds to follow - as pc-dj-ing is getting more and more profesionall :)

Dj stuck in cold norway :)

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 5:16 pm
Thanks for posting those images dj-stuck-in-norway (lol) :)! The site still doesn't work (or my patience is just too low :)

OK I think I understand the functionality of this controller, but still, why do I have to get myself A WHOLE NEW CONTROLLER (which I won't be using), just to get the timecode from turntables to the computer? Isn't everything controlled with turntables (play, pitch, cue, ..), while all other things (like effects, songs choice and search etc.) with computer? I don't see why another controller is requiered?

Hope I'm not a pain in the a**, but I have to get this answers before spending cash on things I won't use. :)

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 6:05 pm
Hmm... U got a point.
Of course play/pitch etc would be controlled by turntable..
So - my bad, a smaller solution would also be good then. At least for those DJ's who are used to regular turntables.

As for me, who are used to both turntables AND cd-decks, I would't mind the solution from D-Vinyl.

Hmm... great point! A hardcore vinyl dj would not really need the fancy controller, and just go for a lot "smaller" solution....
Sorry, didn't think of that, because myself are so used to having cd-decks...

Maybe Final Scratch will be supported by VDJ, or other basic solution in the future WITHOUT fancy extra controller.. :)

sorry for not seeing your point before now :)

Dj-getting-slow-in-the-mind-of-the-cold-wheater-in-norway :)

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 6:29 pm
Ok, so here's an official question/"request":

Will there be a device avalible (soon?) to just send Vinyl timecode to computer (with d-vinyl technology)? Or if anyone knows a device that already exists and does exactly that?

Regards, erXon

P.S. dj-in-norway, it's ok :) Thanks for help ;)

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 6:46 am
"Compatibility [VDJ2] with DVinyl controller and time-coded vinyls"

Why? D-Vinyl comes with its own software.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 7:11 am
Why not?

VDJ is a great software, and when talking about compatibility, I think VDJ has done an enormous progress in a very short time. I think compatibility between various technologies, softwares, algorythms and standards is the most important objective to give users (and developers) a wide possibility of choice (and improvement). That is the reason why I'm sticking with this team, who's making the best out of it, and for a right price!

And if one is satisfied with options that d-vinyl software has, or don't like/need additional features of VDJ, one don't have to buy VDJ. For expirienced and advanced users, this is a sugar on top ;)

Regards

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 8:55 am
77%