Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Downloading errors - Beatport

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This post has nothing to do with VDJ, but I thought maybe some of you could help me out with something since you've helped me out so much in the past!

I get most of my new music from Beatport -- it's a great site, you can get brand new electronic music in WAV format for cheap! But a lot of tracks I download from them have errors in them -- little popping sounds, squeaks, gaps, things like that. When I re-download tracks, sometimes they're better, sometimes they have errors in different places. Therefore, the problem seems to be with the downloading process itself (rather than the tracks as they exist on the Beatport website).

Is there any way to ensure downloads are 100% accurate? I thought there was some kind of error-checking built in to the downloading process, but clearly it is not completely accurate. It seems like the downloading errors occur when the website is experiencing heavy traffic, as the rate of transfer is slow at these times as well. If I download tracks at 3 am, they are pretty much always perfect. But sometimes I want to download a track at 8 pm EST, or so, when it's really busy. How can I ensure these downloads won't have errors in them?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 4:47 pm
Hi

I love Beatport too - and I've had a few problems with downloads.

In my case I've contacted their support and they've arranged for a redownload. They usually admit that they had a corrupted file or something - but I've always had a quick response and the new version is always OK. Don't know of any other ways to stop it.

Asymptote

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 4:55 pm
Hmmm, how do you get them to respond to you? I've emailed them 3 times about this, only gotten 1 response. That 1 response was an email explaining to me about how MP3's are a compressed file format, and that WAV is the best. I.e. Completely ignoring the problem! I described in detail, with track titles, etc., and they haven't granted me any re-downloads yet...

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 5:03 pm
Hi

I just emailed them on the support email address and first of all got a standard automated response, but within 24 hours a proper answer.

Sorry to hear you're not getting the same level of support as I did.

Asymptote

Posted Thu 11 May 06 @ 5:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)