Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Some improvement I would like to se on Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Pre Listening:
Pre listening is a god feature, but the small window often happens to open just over the cross fader. That means that if you are unlucky you double click then closing and on your maybe move the cross fader. A god solution should be a small pre listening icon in front of every file in the file list. First click start pre listening. On the same time the file name become a clickable timeline. Next click on the icon close the pre listening. This should speed up the pre listening a lot!

Local database search:
Quite often then you locking for a specific file you do it in the Local database. On the same time you often have your play lists or maps with your material you are working on. So to be able to go to the database you have to leave go to the database and search and then scroll back wherever you were before. Time consuming! Make a little icon in front of the search frame that takes you to the database without scrolling the left map window.

Other features:
It would be nice if it was possible to turn of/lock functions on the screen so for example locking or turning of the crossfader then using an extern mixer.

It would be nice with a safety button on each player so you couldn’t stop it by accident then playing.

Implanting a key control would be nice if used as a Karaoke player.

Keep up the good work!

Johan

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 11:33 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
TOTAL AGREE, you have the same idea of me.
This is my idea for pre-listen
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/47754/New_features/adjustment_in_pre_listen_and_commentaries.html?highlight=pre%20listen
The actual search in Local database it's no good, I think it's necessary a sub-folder search and not a total scan of all of the Hard disk.
And this is the easy solution for crossfader lock, if dev team will make...
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/48841/New_features/New_shortcut_Crossfader_lock.html?highlight=crossfader
In any case please dev team, sometimes, write an answers in this forum, or do really like to the people make the same question every time?

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 11:42 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
About the database issue: I made myself a shortcut under "browser > search", this takes you directly to local database search input. If you keep small number of favorite folders and have good organization of subfolders there should be no problem. Also use the side list feature.

Regards

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 1:40 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@cioce great post :) crossfader lock is really needed

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 2:58 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@dj johan:

I forgot to add, "browser > goto_last_folder" returns you to the folder you were in ;)

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 6:59 pm
Like erxon I also created those two shortcuts, so you could toggle between the last opened folder and the search. Works very good for me.
Ewout

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 7:53 pm
@erxon:

thanks... now is one smal problem solved... and i learnd a lot on the same time... first i din't now what you were talking aboute... havent played around so mutch with short cuts before... now i have at least one that i will use..

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 3:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)