Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: line in to waveform

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I just had to add this topic here :)

Posted before here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/49868/Software_Technical_Support/line_in_.html

I was thinking... it would be useful that you can mix your computer database of songs with external sources like cd-player. Sometimes i have to mix next song into song which is playing on cd-player. In case it is usual cd-player and not dj cd-player, it doesn't have bpm counter on it so it is hard to mix.

So what about function to import Line-in channel into waveform in VDJ??? of course only left side of it but it would be useful i think. You will be able to see where are beats and bpm.

I know that VDJ first analyse song and then it draw waveform, but what about drawing it in realtime?

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 10:10 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I think this already exists.

When you click on Desktop in VDJ's browser at the end of the list you should see soundcards, drag & drop the soundcard from which sound of external device is going into on to one deck and there it goes.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 12:59 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can't see any waveform and bpm indication if I use the two line in of my Hercules MK2, please insert this new features!!!

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 9:01 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I know that you can inport line in. I just need bpm & waveform ;)

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 10:00 am
... hmm as mentioned in thread above, it crashes for me when i drag and drop my soundcard (usb CMI el'cheapo or onboard via vinyl audio) on a deck everytime

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 12:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)