Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I used 2.0 last night at a gig!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I took a chance and installed 2.0 15 minutes b4 my gig started....I couldn't help it...I just had to use it!!! :)

Something I noticed......When i hit the effect button I wanted I noticed that both effect buttons lit up....It only applied the one I hit but i had to hit both buttons to turn them off....is it just me or has anyone noticed this....

The other thing i have to get used to is the new beatlock....a couple times i hit the play button and my song that was playing through the speakers would either jump in speed or slow down because i still had the other desk beatlock button hit...Its hard when u get used to using something 4 so long and then u have to re-teach yourself....

As far as the sampler goes.......does it only record a 4 beat loop....and does it record whats being cued through the headphones??? whats the autoplay option in the sampler mode??

how do we use the new song database??? can you just open it in excel or something and edit??

Well sorry for all the questions.....Just figured a lot of others would have the same questions so i figured i would throw them out there.........

One last thing i noticed......I rescanned my drive and notoced some trax that i searched still were not showing up......i rescanned again and they did then show up...but later in the night some trax were not there again....scanned again and they showed up....i am searching from the database....show its not an issue of being in the wrong folder!!!

Oh...by the way........the gig went awesome as always...(thanks VDJ.....) I'm really interested in those new hardware features....mixer and dvinyl!! will the dvinyl be more responsive than the hercules???

I bought one of the laptop coolers and used it for the first time last night....5 hour gig and the thing nevr got hot!!!! I recommend everyone to get one!!!

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 1:40 pm
I am on my to do a daytime gig with the new V2.00 I wll let you whats up with all this as so as I can

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 1:56 pm
Sound great NawTBoy ;)

And I need that laptop cooler ;) LOL...
I tried VDJ (hercules) at home-garden-party 2 days ago, just for fun - 4 hours... int the sun! and my laptop was really suffering from heat... :)

Dj in norway

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 2:41 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am doing a gig at a bar tonight - probably only 4-5 hours I am going to use Ver. 2 of the software. I will post the results of the night this weekend.

- DJ Digital JaK

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 2:53 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
you can edit the database with any tool supporting XML (or any text editor)

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 6:27 pm
I don't know I had two lockups today but I had Bpm (mix Program) open to so I don't know what to think. Bpm was not playing. This may not be on VDJ BUT ME so I will be playing somemore tonight to find out. Is it me put some of the new Samples sound off beat like the bel amour one?

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 12:45 am
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So I had the chance to use Ver. 2 in front of a semi live crowd (it couldn't have been my mixing, lol - j/k). It went great no lock ups everyone loved it. I had 2 other DJ's who could believe what I was mixing with. First I have to say that I was using a laptop and the hercules DJ Console. The laptop is a P4 2.8 with 512MB Ram, 80GB Hard drive, Win XP Pro (all updates and service packs installed, also all the tweaks mentioned in these fourms). I had no over heating problems. no skiping (when in regular use).

A few issues though, nothing major (sort of)

1. When in full screen mode and switching from VDJ to another app (windows explorer) the music pauses for a good second (not good while live).

2. Searching for songs. Although I have the MP3's orginized very well. I have about 3,500 of them on the hard drive so it can be hard to locate a song sometimes. now the search feature is awsome, but, it doesn't seem to search in the sub directories of the current folder. Not a bad problem but maybe that can be fixed in an update?

3. That's it! and I was going for well over 6 hours without having to stop or restart. Not bad for u-tested software updates. way to go VDJ Team!. I have a block party to do this afternoon. I will let you know how that goes tomorrow (if I get up) :)

-DJ Digital JaK

PS for those of you that don't have a DJing console - do yourself a favor and pick one up. It is well worth the money using one with this software.

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 5:03 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello VBJaK, If you want you can write your profile, that tells all your hardware specs :-)

FRUiT94

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 11:28 am
hI,
Just installed 2.0........loop/jingle thing looks 'powerful hi!" :)

later,
Liam

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 1:21 pm
mighty powerful

Posted Sun 13 Jun 04 @ 1:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)