Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Quick Mixing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know you can put songs on the right side in the case and they will play automatically when the other song has finished. Is there any way to have a feature where the song will load asap on the other deck instead of waiting for deck one to get to the end of the song. This feature would be heplful for quick mixing and drops . I play reggae music and sometimes I dont let the whole song play only snippets and then i fling on a next tune and the crowd goes crazy but VDJ is slowing me down.... Please dont tell me to use some short cut keyboard stuff, I need Automation What im looking for is having the songs load on there own bang, bang, bang .....

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 3:48 pm
So you basically want this pre-progammed?? You don't want to mix live right? In that case do it at home and record the mix...then just play it back to your dance floor....

Obviously you can save cue points and change the songs on a deck very fast...but this requires live mixing...for it to be automated for what you are looking for sounds like you should start recording your mixes (which VDJ will do for you) and then just loading the whole mix to play...you can label them etc etc to suite each crowd... sounds like you are spending more time with the ladies and on the mic then actually mixing??? good for you :-)

Vin...

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 3:57 pm
No I do want to mix live to pre-program would be cheating...

I want the song to load asap so i can begin to mix asap!!!!! i think this is a programming issue but think of it like this when you used to use vinyl and you put three records on a turntable and quickly change songs.. now thats old school.

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 4:01 pm
I dont see the problem: If you mix from deck a to b then you could drag a new song to the deck and play it immediately. You don't have to wait until the song is finished anaylising or loading.
If you would mix live then you have to choose what song to play next. So you mix, choose another song, drag it to the propriate deck.
You could also drag the songs to the playlist. Set VDJ on automix. If you would like to start the next song click "Mix now". If the next song is mixed the next track in the playlist would be loaded in the "free" deck.
Ewout

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 4:46 pm
Nah man your not getting it at all.. Im saying I dont want to drag a song, I dont want to touch the computer at all.. The less time I have to drag a song or touch the mouse, keyboard whatever i could be three for songs into my quick mix set..

I do shows onstage and to hype the crowd I could go thru like 6 records in less than 3 minutes just playing litte drops from each record.

What I want is to load the case with songs and then they would just go onto deck 1 and 2 by themselves. It should work like this I drop a song deck 1 and 2 to start my set, after I switch to deck 2 a song from the case will automatically go to deck 1

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 4:55 pm
dont think thats possible now, but could be a cool new feature;)

Auto-load from playlist, but not start playing (no automix, simply auto load to deck when you stop a record)

Ask in "new features" forum, and it might be added;)

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 5:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)