Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New TCV's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just got my TCV's today cause I wanted to have 2 pairs. One for the club and the others for my practice at the crib cause they are already scrtached up. Anyway, the new ones I got don't seem to work. The song plays fine but I can't scratch at all. It's like when I move the lp to fast, the signal is lost n the song starts skipping. So I tried the old ones and everything was fine i can scratch just like I used to. Anybody have this problem with the new TCV's? I also noticed the were heavier n precisely cut this time. let me know what u guys think.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 8:32 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Try moving the silence bar in the config to min

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 9:01 pm
You have the new version of the tcv vinyls. There have been some improvements abouve the previous version. So you might have to tweak a little with your settings, like volume and noise gate (both in the TCV setup)
Ewout

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 9:02 pm
Cyder, you were again a little faster...
Glad we give the same advice.
Ewout

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 9:05 pm
:) gotta be quick these days. The advice i'm going to give him is going to sound crazy. Since these were created with 4.0 in mind, if you are using a maya44 you'll need to disable vdj's riaa preamp and turn the gain up more then normal in 3.4 also keep an eye on the silence bar.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 10:14 pm
After v4 is released I will buy me 4 new ones. I think that will be best..
Ewout

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 12:51 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so its not just about the quality, they produce different timecode at different output levels?

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 12:56 am
same timecode, but better made vinyls, so better soundquality.. and therefore needs new adjustments in the timecode setup (volume, gain, amp) for best quality readings:)

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 1:24 am
But if you have to disable the RIAA preamp it cannot be the same timecode... perhaps it is the same with RIAA disabled as the old ones with RIAA enabled?

If that is the case: Does this mean that with the new TCV's one can use the bypass function on regular vinyl and connect the Maya44 to the phono-in on the mixer (and thus using the mixers preamps instead of the terrible software one) and get more or less the same sound quality that u will get connecting your turntables directly to the mixer?

Further more: Is it also possible then to use the inverse RIAA preamp plugin/effect and also play MP3's through the phono-in on the mixer without this plugin also affecting the bypassing signal from the regular vinyl?

How is the soundquality on the inverse RIAA anyway?

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 1:46 am
I only tried doing the auto config again and the signal went up from 43% to 100% but it was still skipping. I was running late for work so i didn't get to mess around with the settings. But thanks guys, when i get home i'll try what you guys said. I'm using U46DJ

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 2:37 am
Don't use autoconfig with these new vinyls it needs to be set manually until 4.0 is out. feel free to contact me via pm if you need more help. I played with mine for hours today just to make sure, I don't have a u46dj here but i'm assuming its the same setup as the maya.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 2:46 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just received mine as well and have been playing around with them. Certainly a higher output and all the adjustments that Cyder recommended have worked. You'll need to adjust your recording volume as well if you record with a second soundcard. Learned that one last night. Damn I'm getting more and more excited about the next version :)

Posted Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 3:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)