Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: My Ideal VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SAMPLES

1- Being able to match the BPM of the sample, without forcing us to beatlock it.

2- Samples pulldown menu; i.e.: Let us assign 5-10 samples per slot, and choose the ones we want via pulldown.

3- WAVform for the samples

THIRD DECK

1- A fully functional third deck, with WAVform, songpos, cues, etc.... Could be in side panel or something so as not to clutter the interface too much.

SONG KEYS

1- Key detection
2- Being able to change the key of a song while its playing

EFFECTS

1- More slots for effects.

2- Being able to map the effect to jogwheels. (Tractor has that for it's highpass/lowpass filter effect. Very cool stuff)

3- A default filter effect

CUES

1-Cue Colors. Right now, all cues appear white on the songpos. We should be able to set colors to them (e.g.: this way, I would set RED all cues where the vocals break, GREEN all cues which make a good cut-off point, etc...)

2-Being able to see more cues (at least 13) on the songpos bar. Right now we can set as many points as we want, but only 10 white lines are shown. We should be able to see more lines (all if possible)... but it could easily be done for cues "`", "-", and "+" (this way, the entire top row of the keyboard maps directly to cues on the songpos)

3-Being able to add events/effects to cues. (i.e.: go to cue4 and loop 8 beats and do flanger effect)

4- Ascending order when using the cue/stop button. As it is now, the software jumps to the cues based on some seemingly random order. It should go from cue1, to cue2, to cue3, ...

ACTIONS:

1- Being able to skip 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 beats

2- Mark a song as played (uesfule if you're doing a set with another DJ and he played one of your songs)

BROWSER

1- More (sortable) categories are needed. Maybe have 2 or 3 generic ones that we can call whatever we want.

2- Default sorting order (i.e. we get to choose what the default sorting order will be each time we click on a folder)

3- Faster index building when click on a folder with "show all" enabled. As it is now, sometimes it takes 10-15 seconds when there's 3000 songs within all subfolders.

PLAYLISTS/CRATES

1-When a song is moved to a different folder, all playlists that contain it should be automatically updated with the new location.

2- ADD BY DEFAULT: we should be able to add the name of folder to a playlist. Whenever a new song is added to that folder, it is automatically added to all playlists that contain the folder. The song can then individually be removed from each and any playlists if needed.

GAIN

1- Better gain detection/matching engine
2- Ability to manually modify the initial gain of each song (in case the software didnt detect it properly)

GENERAL

1- Faster loading time for songs.

2- Less lag (sometimes, lag occures when using effects and samples)

3- The histoy playlists should only keep track of songs that get played for a certain amount of time. As it is now, simply loading up a song adds it to the history.

4- Auto-Marking of songs should be done after a song played (without interruptions) for a while, not just after a song is loaded for 20 seonds.

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 5:39 pm
DJ RAz,
nice list some good points. But most of the list already mentioned before. I think some of the items on the list might change in version 4. This version has a new sound engine, so Gain etc might be implemented differently.
On the Cue part, item 3 is already available using a plugin (if I remember correctly it was by dj Cel)
Ewout

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 11:16 pm
We have been talkin about all this for 1 year......I AGREE with all above
Regards
Andre

Posted Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 11:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)