Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: possibility remove BPM informations for any for mixing unusable songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
BPM detection is great feature, but time to time i must play any "for mixing unusable song" (any rock songs, any "folklore" at wedding or birthday party etc.. :-) and when i drag this song in the deck, there is usually bad BPM detection and beat grids.

When i sort whole database by BPM, I have this song with false BPM information betwen other good detect songs and it is annoying. Yes, i can change BPM to 50 or 200 BPM, but better choice is completely disable BPM information and beat grids for this song.

I found that where i remove from virtualDJ database.xml BPM tag , BPM and beat grids are no more show in the database or in the waveform.

May i delete this BPM tag without risc of any crash or freezing VDJ ?

I hear that you are working on the new database engine. Can you add this (small) new feature - right click at the song in the database and select from drop down menu "disable BPM" for deleting BPM tag from database?

Thanks

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 2:49 pm
you can delete the bpm values about edit_bpm button and delete the bpm or change it manuall without analize.*g*

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:50 pm
No, manual delete BPM in "adjust BPM values" always set BPM to 200. Tested in VDJ 3.4. I want completely disable BPM for a few my songs, because any of my song are unusable for mixing. For example: Beatles - Yesterday - there is 7/8 tempo and beat grids are only illusory.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 7:08 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
actualy i think its 4/4 in yesterday, good try tho

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 12:59 am
I have read about this long time ago - there are seven beats in each bar. But i'm not sure. You can try count beats in next interesting song - "Pink Floyd - Money". Maybe this is a better example :-)

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 1:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)