Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: looking for daily log

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Still playing around with the demo here and have not been able to find a log history. I am sure it is something simple I am overlooking. I always have somebody coming up to the booth and asking about a song I played several songs ago and sometimes I need to go back to my played list. Any help here?

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 4:32 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You have a log of your recently played files, go here:
C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ\history.txt
pressumed you are installed VDJ on C: drive.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 7:01 am
Thanks for your response. I found it. Its not exactly what I thought. It only seems to post the played history after you close the program. Is there anywhere to look back at what you played while you
are still playing? I play from noon to 7, Monday through Friday and all my days seem the same. They just kind of bleed together. Maybe its time for a new gig. I just like to have a log to refer back to on the fly when someone asks a question about a song or something.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 3:03 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes that is true. Well if you need to know what you have played, VDJ is marking the songs (in red) a putting them at the bottom of the folder, so it is easy to see that. Also, after a while, when your history file gets bigger, you can use suggestion box and it will tell you the similair genre to play next.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 3:31 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wish it worked liek that but it does not.

It marks the songs as played if they are loaded to a player after 40 seconds, whether played or not.

A current working playlist would be nice, but fact is there is no sure way of knowing unless you load exactly what you play, else load something else before 40 seconds elapses.

-Dj Los

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)