Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: A-B Splice...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I noticed this feature is on the denon DN-D9000 cd player and i think it would be really useful for virtual dj.

Basically, two points are set in the track and whenever that track is played it jumps from the the A point to the B point as if the section in between doesn't exist.

Could be really useful for songs that have a dull part in the middle or for cutting down a breakdown in a dance track that goes on too long.

I was thinking it would be especially useful for music videos that have a break or skit in the middle of them- would really ruin a dancfloor if the music sudenly stops, but if i could set the A and B points for the start and end of the skit- problem solved!

I've posted another thread about video editing software (which i think i'm going to get), but i thought this would solve the problem and leave all the original files in tact.

Anybody else think this would be useful???

Andy :-)

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 12:48 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
very much so, do it!

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 4:24 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Looks good, but you can do it now manually with cue points, i do it all the time, for songs with brakes, just set a cue point to move there if you want to.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 10:46 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There is a plug-in called CueEvents createad by Dj Cel, which can add any VDJ function to a cue. So in your case, you can add "goto_cue 2" on cue 1, and it will do exactly what you want ;)

Plug-in features:
v2.0:
* Automatic loading/saving with the song name inside the new folder "CuesEvent" in "Effects" folder
* Manual loading/saving still available
* Disactivate or not the event after playing (executing) it
v2.1:
multi-plugin bug corrected

Download: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=1516

Regards.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 12:10 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think this feature could be useful... I need it alot, so I load the song on both decks and try to do a smooth crossfading...

VDJ can do it on the same way:

VDJ loads the same song on the other deck in the background... (you can't see it, and you already have another song on this deck.. if you want....) VDJ jump the song smoothely to the cue point you have set... it can be done by the beatmatch-feature...

I'm not sure if it's difficult, but it should be possible to do....

Cash

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 5:25 pm
thanks for the posts everyone

big thanks to erxon, that's exactly what i needed, just about to try the plugin now!

Cheers. :-)

Posted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 4:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)