Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Edit VDJ Spash Screen

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here's a question I've never seen posted on this group,.. namely:

Does anyone here know how to edit the VDJ 'splash screen' ? (the logo screen that appears while VDJ is loading) I want to re-design mine.

I've been trying, but have not been able to figure it out how to gain access to the file. Any helpful advise would be appriciated.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 4:15 am
I think this in not possible, and even not allowed by the Atomix team. Why you want to do this anyway, hard to see the same screen for 2 seconds :P ? I see no use from this option.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 4:41 am
Richmond,
I think that changing the splash screen is illegal. In your licence agreement there is a part that says something like: "It is not allowed to reverse engineer the software or make any changes to the code". While the splash screen is part of the application this is not be allowed.
Ewout

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 8:59 am
Changing the splash screen is illegal, and a violation of the Eula. Sorry.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 10:18 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so basicly dont chat about it here or they will threaten to terminate your licence unless you say.....

'im never going to do it again and i dont advise anyone else to do it'

its funny sometimes on these forums

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 5:24 am
no threat of loosing licence. Simply stating that is not legal.

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 3:46 pm

Well okay,.. what can I say?

I've designed my own hardware & software interface (skin), and simply felt that the splash-screen should be mine to redesign also, if I so desired.

Actually,.. I'd be happy if I could just disable it somehow. Most software (even MS Windows) provides the user with this option, already built in.

Whatabout it?

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 11:13 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It's a ok idea, splash could be disabled but I will let the Dev team the final word. A few seconds of it is not bugging me at all ;).

Posted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 2:05 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
The splash screen of VDJ is an integrate part of the software and can't be modified.

Thanks

Posted Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 8:31 pm

That's fine.

However, would you consider a disable option, in a later version?

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 2:24 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
No, for various reasons. Topic closed.

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 10:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)