Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Support for new controllers? BEHRINGER NUMARK

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am very happy that Atomix Productions has "naitive" support for the following controllers...

XP10
Hercules DJ Console(s)
Visiosonic DAC-2
Visiosonic DAC-3
Webcam
MIDI
Numark DMC-1
Divinyl 2020
Time Coded Vinyl

"naitive" support is indicates that the software uses all of the features of the controller such as buttons, knobs, lights, sound card, etc.

With the release of the BEHRINGER BCD2000 B CONTROL and all of the new Numark usb controllers, Are there any plans to support these "naitively" ...

BCD2000 B CONTROL
D2 Director
HD Mix (yes I realize this is a stand alone unit but it would be sweet if they could work together)
Nu VJ
Virtual Vinyl

Thank you,
WirelessDJ

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 11:20 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
VDJ also natively supports:

Nuo 4
UC 33

Virtual Vinyl is a software, why would VDJ natively support it?

If you are talking about the "box" (soundcard) that will only depend on Numark's policy. As a soundcard it will be supported by VDJ. But if Numark decide to only make it compatible with Virtual Vinyl software, then nothing could be done in VDJ.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 11:57 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
one important one you missed is the iCDX.

This Numark product is USB compatible and the software for its use is 'being made open source so that any DJ software can use it to control the software'. That was a quote from Director of Research and Development at Numark. I think that this is far better than midi as there is room for 2 way communication and for the screens to display information. Not to mention that the iCDX would make a great controler and is ALLREADY a top notch CDJ equivilent.

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 1:24 am
Agree with Xeo, the iCDX is in my opinion the most of interest in the mentioned new controllers.
Ewout

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 8:12 pm
yes we need some code for the behringer BCD2000 B CONTROL .............Please..................Very solid piece of equipment..........

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:40 am
Numark and Virtual Dj are in bed together and we my not see code for the BCD 2000 any time soon. They are selling out to the highest bidder. We are the ones who are going to suffer.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 12:49 pm
I hope you're wrong digitalmdj, but maybe you're not. I've noticed in some threads that VDJ staff and moderators seem to be very pro Numark, even to the point of seeming to lack impartiality.

That would be a shame in such a balanced and forward thinking forum as this.

For now my loyalty is very much with VDJ and I use and like Numark gear too, but I like to keep an open mind.

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 1:41 pm
lol ;) how easy everybody gets paranoid...hehe

Let me repeat!

VIRTUAL DJ WILL CONTINUE TO BE VIRTUAL DJ, AND SUPPORT A WIDE RANGE OF CONTROLLERS AND SOUNDCARDS (and not excluding brands other than Numark)

NUMARK VITUAL VINYL is a dedicated software sold by Numark, and what hardware that version will support is entirely up to Numark

Easy as that ;) no need for wild speculations... Corp Staff have already stated this in other thread to calm everybody down :)

Happy mixing, and stay cool ;)

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:12 pm
Rune,
maybe you can ask and tell if there was/is any work on BCD2000 support from the side of devteam, or they leave it up to later...(or it's not decided ...)

something like "there's an investigation/test currently running to see, if VDJ can support BCD2000"

I understand that it really depends on the availability of the documentation and API for it.
Permission and help from the behringer side, also....

but a little HINT to the forum could be nice...

Posted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 10:33 pm
if it was only to pro level users i would totaly understand............................... ;);) nudge nudge

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 3:51 am
jepuyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agreer with lopez...I currently have a BCD2000 and I had it for two weeks now but I am plaaning to return it since native support for it is not going to happen soon. A hint will at least tell us that VDJ is doing something about it. Otherwise, my plan is, return the BCD2000, monitor VDJ website to check if they already have native support (or wait for ver 4), if native support is available, then I'll buy it again. I only have a 45-day return policy so I think it's better to return it now just in case VDJ will not support it. What do you think? Is it a good plan?

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 4:35 pm
i would assume its going to be reasonably popular bit of kit so its likely that it wil be supported sooner or later

but back to the iCDX hehe

If numark have 'got into bed' with VDJ then hopefuly this wil mean good integration of numark products into the VDJ family of programs. 2 iCDXs, an iCDX themed/skined VDJ and a nice mixer and i would be sorted..................... : )

Posted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 11:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)