Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Virtual Vinyl £425 in UK

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Personally I think that you'd have to be mad to buy, when VDJ is available and VDJ offers more flexibility, but I saw it on sale (pre order only though) tonight in the UK at http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mp3players/products/mp3players

Apologies if you knew already.

Is this VDJ version 4? If so I wonder what FX slots there are.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:04 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Mad? - Other simular solutions are going at more than that, plus they use inferior software ;). Compare the feature lists, the Numark hardware and software has great video functionality, should be more like £500 imo.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:12 pm
I thought it would be somewhere around the £400 mark (direct competition with SSL and that's its price {like Coke vs Pepsi}). I'd imagine Numark demand much higher profit margins than Atomix do, it's public knowledge that the software is based on Virtual DJ, let's hope that the deal between the two companies was mutual and Numark didn't pressure Atomix into any sort of deal which would negatively impact it's own TC users.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:12 pm
Hi you guys. I was busy modifying my original post when you joined in.

@ Bagpuss. I was trying to modify and had actually taken out comments about price. You're a hot moderator! :)

I meant mad because I prefer to use VDJ and have my own choice of soundcard.

I like to try different gear, so that would be my choice.

I guess Bagpuss is right about comparison with others, pricewise, but I still like my approach.

I'm using Time coded CD at the moment and it's brilliant. VDJ and a Maya 44 cost me around £200 add a couple of TCV Vinyls it's still not far from half the price of Virtual Vinyl.
Asymptote

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:30 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hehe :), nah it's a fair price in my opinion, but for sure I'll be sticking with Virtual DJ w/timecode CD, but I understand some here will invest in Numarks Virtual Vinyl.

We all like like choices :), Virtual Vinyl is just another one.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:02 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well i thought the price was going to be in that area but honestly if it's the same price as SSL, other then video why would someone(that has not used VDJ before) take a chance on a new product then go with something that has a huge "pro" dj following? Now i know the price is not really set yet and that is a very early pre-order but it would be more like a Pepsi vs. Mr.new soda. But we will just have to wait and see.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:03 am
thats a PRE ORDER price.. :)

For the ones that want to be the "first" .. .. there are always a few of those...hehe

The final price of Virtual Vinyl is yet to see..

It does seem kinda high, compared to other software/hardware solutions, so guess it might drop a bit:)

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:05 am
Numark have a very successful market position with their battlepacks and other such equipment. These buyers just starting out will see Numark Virtual Vinyl and they've already developed brand loyalty. As for the professionals, whether it is £300 or £400, price probably isn't the decisive factor for them, this is their profession. 2 x Technics 1210 M3D, Pioneer DJM-600, you name it. Numark did well to launch the TTX successfully against Technics and Vestax, I wouldn't expect them to make a mistake with this either. Depending on their market strategy (targetting up and coming, or current generation) I wouldn't expect the price to be any lower than £300, but £400 seems more than reasonable.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:09 am
we will all have to wait and see what the market price is... :)

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:14 am
Hi again,

I guess you're right that most people who buy won't really know that it is VDJ. I don't disagree that this is a fair market price for Virtual Vinyl and as dj-in-norway says this is only the pre-order price. I just would rather not pay almost twice what I need to on something.

A lot of professional DJs are very careful about what they spend. I know from the years when I DJed mobile for 4 or 5 nights a week,, with a young family, to put bread on the table I had to be very careful what I spent on equipment. The money I had earnt the on a Friday night paid for the groceries on Saturday. Saturday night paid for the mortgage, etc.

I'm just very pleased with Virtual DJ, and enjoy using it. I think it's an absolute bargain. Also to be able to download time code and use in my CD decks is brilliant in my book. I've also got vinyl, but don't usually use decks at the moment.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:44 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Terratech phase 88 Audio deive = £208
Virtual DJ Pro = £108
2 x TCV + Delivery = £40

TOTAL = £356

Numark VV = £375
Audio interface
2 x TCV
2 x TCCD
(Near enough) Virtual DJ Pro

I think that VV is a great bargain, expecialy if you can get ASIO drivers for it and use it with more than one program

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:58 am
true.. if the price is between 300-400 .. it would be a bargain.
Just as VDJ is.

Gotta remember that the Numark package comes with a killer soundcard, with plenty outs and ins... and phono pre-amp. And 2 x timecode vinyls and 2x timecode cds + the software.. All packed together, with niiiiiice Numark logo lable on it all ;)

I wouldn't mind at all getting the Numark deal, if I did not have VDJ already.. :)

I think Numark might sell a lot of it, to dedicated vinyl-djs

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:07 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
gotta love those Numark lables ; )

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:19 am

Hi

I didn't realise the soundcard with Virtual Vinyl was so good and comparable to a £200 plus one.

Mu sum looked like this.

Virtual DJ £108
Maya 44 £ 75 (I bought it at this price last week brand new with guarantee from a dealer)
Vinyl £ 40

Total £223

The pre-order price for Virtual Vinyl was £425 so that means £202 to spend on something else. (Perhaps buy 252 download tracks)

UKDJs might understand that I am a Yorkshireman with a Scottish Grandfather, so I am what might be called careful with my money.

Seriously, though, I am glad that Numark are giving the others a run for their money. A lot of people knock Numark but they are really trying to innovate at the moment with some of their new products.

Asymptote

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:29 am
I think £420 is a bit high.. not much. .. but a bit. I think thats the pre-order price, and it will probably be a bit lower. Seems lower on some sites already.

The Numark soundcard is comparable to U46dj, thats around £150..
(http://www.audiotrak.co.uk/music_production/U46DJ/u46dj.shtml)

So all in all, its not a bad price for the Numark package...

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)