Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Is there away to get rid of the song artist and title once the song starts playing? The text gets messed up once the words start appearing on the screen, they overlap the artist and title. I thought I seen a post some time back that someone was talking about changing the font. Is there a fix for this or will version 4 address this?
I did my first karaoke gig tonight and went pretty good except for that, I also did have a fatal error, but a restart of virtual dj took care of that problem (hopefully this was a one time glitch).

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 5:22 am
Are you talking the Karaoke Manufacturers title? Or are you talking the name of the file as it appears on your computer? if the latter, theres tab in VIDEO Settings under "OPTIONS" "Show Song Title" make sure that this is UNCHECKED... and that should resolve this.

If it is the former, I'd ask what BRAND of Karaoke disk are you using.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:46 pm
fffffffffffffffffffffddddddddddddddddddddddddsggdsg

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 10:30 pm
????

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:11 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Thanks, it was the later showing artist and title. Just ordered a vga splitter so I can split the video going to external monitor for singer, and also the other going to plasma for the audience. What mic's are you using? Right now I have the sure pgm58 but want to go with something that has dual mic and wireless, and hopefully not alot of money.

Thanks for the response

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:49 pm
If alcohol is involved, NEVER give a drinker a wireless microphone... if there's no alcohol, I like my Audio-Technica 3000 series... it uses AAA batteries and has lasted a LONG time...

For bar settings I use the Sennheiser WIRED 832s (I think that's the number, but will check). If you buy a three pack they will cost you less than $300... HOWEVER, they come with a 10 year warranty... I had someone drop one once and the inners broke loose.... I returned it and voila, they sent me a new one!... can't beat that.

Also, I like the way they feel in your hand and how they pick up BASS in a voice. The don't come with a switch (And ALL professional KJs should NEVER use a mic with a switch!!!!). Tonal quality is better than the SM58 Shure mics.

You can pick them up singles for about $99.... it is double what you'd pay for an SM58, but trust me... well worth the investment. I've seen SM58's crap out and Shure won't do ANYTHING about it. Sennheiser will get you a turn around in less than 10 days.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 8:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)