Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Advance sound card problems...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Waveterminal 192 L sound card. It has 3 stereo outs. It works fine in the 2 card mode, with my external mixer. Whenever I try to do the advance setup, the right player becomes distorted. Sometimes it is right away, and sometimes it takes awhile. I can not see how it could be the sound card, since it works perfectly in any other config. There is also an onboard sound card, in this machine. So, any ideas how I can fix this?

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 4:20 am
bump

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 8:36 am
Bump, bump.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 8:08 pm
ouch :-)

i had problems with this when i had plugged my numark DXM USB soundcards to the usb hub, directly on the pc it was working.
Strange was that it was only the right deck, on only in some configurations.

Also i have 4 usb soundcards (cheap c-media usb stick soundcard, just for tests) and they all ran fine thru hub, but then i updated driver (with bells and whistles, EQs... virtual 3d) and all was fine, until i plugged other 3 cards. Distortion... Even direct plugging to notebook did not help.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 11:01 pm
Gentlemen, can you take another look at this post, and see if you can help me out. If there are any ladies that can help me, that would be fine, also. I do not discriminate.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 2:37 am
Bump, bump, bump.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 6:37 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"Whenever I try to do the advance setup, the right player becomes distorted."

Right player? Do you mean right channel?
As i know this sound card has out 1,2 out 3,4 and headphone out. So you want to use headphone out in advanced config..

Try to use 1st or 2nd chan as headphones. Try the combination, for example 1st out = left, 2nd = headphones, 3rd = right. Maybe it will work.

just my opinion...

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 7:03 pm
Thank you for at least looking at this post, and trying to help me. No, I mean the right player. I am using an external mixer. You are right, the sound card is set up like this; 1,2 - 3,4 - 5,6(headphone). In VDJ sound card, I can use the cfg under 4.1 (2 sound cards to a mixer). Under sound card, I have (1-Waveterminal 192 2-ch), and under sound card 2, I have (2-Waveterminal 192 2-ch). It works fine in this mode, 1 sound card going to left player, and 2 sound card to the right player. Now on to the good part.

When I try the Advance Sound Config in VDJ I use this;
Sound card Output

Left Deck 1-Waveterminal 192 2-ch Left
1-Waveterminal 192 2-ch Right

Right Deck 2-Waveterminal 192 2-ch Left
2-Waveterminal 192 2-ch Right

In this cfg, I get distortion in the Right deck. The only thing that has changed is the VDJ cfg, not the sound card cfg. It is still hooked to the CPU and the mixer the same way. The reason I want this cfg, is so I can use the other channel like this;

All Samples 3-Waveterminal 192 2-ch Left
3-Waveterminal 192 2-ch Right

So this means that Deck 1 gets 1,2 - Deck 2 gets 3,4 - and All Samples get 5,6 on the sound card.

So, why am I getting distortion in the right deck, when I change to this cfg in VDJ?

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:00 pm
This is strange. Sounds like incompatible sound card with VDJ. Although it's first time that i hear about it.

Did you try (like i said before) to set 3-Waveterminal 192 2-ch Left and 3-Waveterminal 192 2-ch Right for Right or Left Deck? And samples to 1st or 2nd output?

Maybe it will work this way.

It is strange that works in other sound mode with same connections!

Maybe new drivers would solve the problem. But as i saw there are a half year old drivers - OCT/30/2005, so i am sure you have them. Version 6.0 beta3

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:23 pm
I will give it a try. I can't seem to find the driver ver number. The control panel says v4.30 Console. As I said before, the other cfg works fine. It is the same card, going to the same mixer. Only the VDJ cfg has changed.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:56 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do you need to use the advanced config? I mean could you do with the 4.1 to mixer option?

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 9:06 pm
He would like to have samples on separate channel. :)

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 9:08 pm
Yes, I hate the samples coming through one of the other channels. You have no control. That 4.1 does not look like it would work for me anyway. I am using the one just below that.

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 9:13 pm
@xeon

Do you have a link to those drivers?

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 10:10 pm

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 12:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)