Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: FX should be reset upon loading new song

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had the AUTO CUT effect on deck 1 and mixed into deck 2.
I then CLONED deck 2 onto deck 1 and since the AUTO CUT effect was still on the program froze up.
The FX button should be RESET like the EQ buttons upon loading new song.
Thanks.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 2:04 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 3:32 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
The solution isn't to reset FX when loading a song, because if you are using an Equaliser like the 32 band equaliser, you don't really want it to be reseted at each load of a track.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 11:04 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Maybe it could be only 1st place for effects that wouldn't be reseted when loading next song, and other 2 places would reset. (just my opinion).

btw Bagpuss wrote somewhere very good post with picture of effect's position and new possibilities for using them, bit i can't find it.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 11:46 pm
Maybe a practical solution,
When an effect is active on a deck and you do a clone deck, the effect is not resetted, but just switched off before the new song is loaded. After switch off it is not active anymore, so no hang up will occur.
Ewout

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 7:00 pm
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wouldn't it be more practical to be able to use a controller to "shift" the FXs too.

I'd like to be able to cycle through the effects and apply one to each deck without having to open the configuration and reset it there. That's hard to do in synch with changing a song.

I feel a different effect could be applied for each song and change with the transition.

Ah ... what will the future hold???

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 5:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)