Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Latency Setting - Highspeed Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can only set the latency setting for tcv's to rapid, any higher I start having some of those crackle/sound issue. Only an 800 mhz athlon processer with 768 ram. Maya 44 s/c. Is the problem the 800mhz processor or perhaps more ram? I've followed all the other posts in regards to things enabled or disabled so I believe I have that right. It's a pretty clean PC although I do use it as a home computer with other programs on it. Just curious if it's the processor before investing in more ram. Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 9:10 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
thats a bit slow to run asio with small buffers. ive only got an AMD 2600 and it keeps up ok tho (thats like 1800 actual Mhz)

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 9:50 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sorry to bump this...just want some more opinions and it dropped to the second page. thanks.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 3:31 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
My vote... blame the processor. You need a fast one. 1GB of RAM is better, but with 768MB I think coulb be good also.

I would change that processor for a faster one...

(in fact motherboard, processor and Memory could be a good option now) Take a look of what you can have today, if you got AMD64+ you need DDR400MHz memory. If you change to a INTEL, you could get a 640 processor (3.2GHz) and the memory will be DDR2 667 or DDR2 800 (it dependes on the motherboard D945 or D975).

Good Luck!

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 3:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)